atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Cordless phones for partner? - 11/27/09 05:24 PM
Hey guys-
We've got a Partner system at the hardware store-
2 Slot carrier, 1 206 module, and 1 206E module.
The boss wants to know if there are cordless phones we can add to the system. An off the shelf phone that is just connected to the POTS lines would also work as long as it has a hold capability. Does Avaya make a cordless phone for these systems?
Thanks-
Jeff
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Cordless phones for partner? - 11/27/09 05:31 PM
You can use a single line cordless phone on an extension port, but with that vintage of Partner, you can't "hold" the call. If the cordless has a hold button, the call is stuck on that station, and no one else can pick it up (unless you disable privacy on the cordless extension, but the cordless won't drop off when someone else picks up a keyset).

With later versions of Partner II and ACS, you can "park" a call from the cordless, and then pick it up from another extension or the cordless.

And i doubt they will want to spring for the
Avaya multiline cordless.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Cordless phones for partner? - 11/27/09 07:31 PM
At the drugstore I used to work at, we had a Spirit system and a 4 line Panasonic cordless, connected to the POTS lines.
We could put a call on hold from the cordless and then pick up the line on the Spirit phone. I think that something similar would work...if it's possible.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Cordless phones for partner? - 11/27/09 07:32 PM
Get them a 3920. I have hardware stores with cordlesses (the old Transtalks) and they were a lot more money. Don't let them fool you, hardware stores are one of the few businesses that aren't hurting for a buck these days.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help