atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tim M Magix Loudspeaker Paging - 12/08/09 04:42 PM
Hi Guys, it's been a while since I've been here. I've got a question about loudspeaker paging on a Merlin Magix. Its running Magix r2.2 and according to the documentation, I should be able to designate up to three lines as paging ports.

However it would seem I'm missing something, because I can only get paging to work on one specific line, the first line in the first slot (i.e. logical id 1), busy on anything else.

Is there something else I have to do to a line before it can be designated as a paging port or for that matter to allow me to pickup the line without getting a busy signal?

Thanks,

Tim
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Magix Loudspeaker Paging - 12/08/09 06:00 PM
Have you tried hitting the line ports manually?
Ex. 801, 802 ect.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Magix Loudspeaker Paging - 12/08/09 07:26 PM
Did you set them as Paging Trunks in Aux Equip?
Posted By: vad60 Re: Magix Loudspeaker Paging - 12/09/09 04:27 AM
Make sure lines not in any Pools.
Posted By: Tim M Re: Magix Loudspeaker Paging - 12/09/09 06:06 AM
Yes, and yes. Unfortunately, I get a wave-off if I just try to dial the lines directly and it doesn't seem to accept anything other than the first line in Aux Equip for paging. I also checked to see if they had been manually busied-out for maintenance, but they weren't (I reset the ports anyway just to be sure).
Posted By: Tim M Re: Magix Loudspeaker Paging - 12/10/09 10:34 AM
Hmm, somehow I missed vad60's reply yesterday. I checked and the lines in question aren't in any pools.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Magix Loudspeaker Paging - 12/10/09 04:29 PM
Tim,
Check lines for Principal users. make sure they not assign to ring on any exts.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help