atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DustinP Avaya Partner R3 VM Card...alittle help - 01/05/10 09:37 AM
Hey,
My customer just wants the system to answer the call when the night service button is on, which I got, but they just want a recording to play with no option for voicemail. What is the best way to set that up? Thanks!
Posted By: hbiss Re: Avaya Partner R3 VM Card...alittle help - 01/05/10 09:51 AM
Well, I would suggest an ASA card but if you already have a PVM card about all you can do is record the main menu and make the VMS hunt schedule night only. Even though you won't give instructions for dialing an extension to leave a message, unfortunately there is no way to stop the dial zero/time out from going to extension 10 where they can leave a message or fill it with hangups.

Your other option is the Partner Messaging which will allow you to set the dial zero/time out to hang up.

-Hal
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Avaya Partner R3 VM Card...alittle help - 01/05/10 10:15 AM
Just to add to what Hal has already said,
You can set the call answer mode opinion 8 in X10's VM box to answer only, so the called can't leave a message at X10.
And to toggle it on and off, remove Automatic VMS Coverage from Ext. 10, and put a VMS Coverage BUTTON on 10. Label it "Night"
Posted By: ttech Re: Avaya Partner R3 VM Card...alittle help - 01/05/10 02:51 PM
If you have 2 spare extension ports you can set the 2 extensions in a night service group, install 2 answering machines that do announcement only mode, set 1 for 2 rings, and 1 for 4. Also set them for no ring during the day. Done.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help