atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Onesource Telecom IP406 vm restart - 01/25/10 08:44 PM
I have a Customer with the IP406 office pro. The voicemail was locking up until you rebooted the server on almost a weekly basis. I had the program removed from the antivirus and firewall software on the server. Now the vm keeps needing to be reset daily. You have to go into "my computer" and serv and app and doing a restart on the vm pro serv. to bring things back up. Before this you had to reboot the entire server. Any suggestions? Have a copy of the monitoring if it can tell you anything.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: IP406 vm restart - 01/25/10 08:50 PM
Is the VM server a dedicated PC or on the customer's network server?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP406 vm restart - 01/26/10 04:14 AM
Avaya does not recommend having anti virus software running with vmpro.

Turn off aantivirus and turn off Windows Updates.

What OS is the PC running?
Posted By: DayTech Re: IP406 vm restart - 01/26/10 05:19 AM
One other thing to keep in mind too is that you should not leave the VM Pro client up on the PC unless you absolutely need. I have found that if the IP Office is power cycled sometimes the VM Pro will stop responding if the VM Client is left open.
Posted By: mforrence Re: IP406 vm restart - 01/26/10 05:55 AM
Look carefully at the PC. Almost all VMPro issues are really PC issues...
Mike
Posted By: Onesource Telecom Re: IP406 vm restart - 01/26/10 06:25 AM
The antivirus software is shut off. It is on a network server. The operating system is windows xp. I have a copy of the log file when the vm stopped. Can someone look at it?
Posted By: CSS_ETS04 Re: IP406 vm restart - 01/27/10 12:43 AM
I have handled multiple VM PRO installations and maintenance.. Most of the issues occur with the VM pc or the operating systems...

Try re-installing the OS and check the firewall settings on the network..

Most issues occur like the VMPRO will stop responding once/ twice in a week.. we have to restart the VMPRO to restore it again..
Posted By: mdaniel Re: IP406 vm restart - 01/27/10 05:52 AM
I would get the VM off of the network server and on to a dedicated PC.
This will save you a lot of headache.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help