atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: btw DSS light keeps blinking - 01/26/10 09:47 AM
I have a dss light for ext. 25 appear on all the phones on the system. The phone is not plugged in at all, and the dss for ext 25 fast blinks on all other ext. I am at a loss for what to do.
Posted By: Jim Baldwin Re: DSS light keeps blinking - 01/26/10 09:51 AM
I don't know but check the users guide, plug a station into that port maybe it's in DND.
Posted By: hbiss Re: DSS light keeps blinking - 01/26/10 10:00 AM
Madam Zora and her crystal ball are still out today so how about telling us WHAT system you are talking about!

-Hal
Posted By: btw Re: DSS light keeps blinking - 01/26/10 11:08 AM
Partner ACS, not sure of the release. The phone is not in dnd, I have plugged it in and checked
Posted By: hbiss Re: DSS light keeps blinking - 01/26/10 11:49 AM
Might it be an R8 and you have a Message Alert Notification button on the phone(s) and it's activated?

-Hal
Posted By: mforrence Re: DSS light keeps blinking - 01/26/10 01:32 PM
Or that extension is set as fax and a call was transferred and it didn't answer - system it telling you thus.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: DSS light keeps blinking - 01/26/10 01:43 PM
Ext. 25 is set as a FAX extension, has had a call ring at it which was not answered, and the light is telling you to go change the paper on the Fax extension.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: DSS light keeps blinking - 01/26/10 03:49 PM
Yep, been down that road more than once TTT.
Posted By: btw Re: DSS light keeps blinking - 01/27/10 06:17 AM
Thanks, it is not R8 system is 10-12 yrs. old. Verified that it is not the fax ext. there is no fax ext. programmed. I did checked to see if there was a wake up set for that ext, there was none, but I did clear the wake up anyways. I will try to get onsite this morning to get the release and any other info that I can.

Bryan
Posted By: hbiss Re: DSS light keeps blinking - 01/27/10 06:42 AM
No, it wouldn't be wake up. The only things that can make a DSS button flash is Message Alert and Fax Extension. At this point I would do a system reset and see if that clears it. I did run into a situation once with an old ACS where even after a reset the programming showed a feature as not being active yet it still was. Defaulting and re-programming from scratch was the only way to take care of it.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help