atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: securityrep Partner II System - Fiber Optic solution - 01/31/10 05:31 PM
I am searching for a point to point fiber solution to extend a 6D handset over fiber from the ACS. Distance is within MultiMode. Any help is appreciated.

If you have a source for procurement even better. Thank you.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner II System - Fiber Optic solution - 01/31/10 06:10 PM
6D handset? The curleycord isn't long enough?

What you are talking about is a phone. The handset is the part that you hold in your hand.

To answer your question, there is no way to do what you want unless you are willing to use a single line phone instead of a 6D system phone.

-Hal
I understand how you feel..."gotta get out of this business"! If I have a phone tech connect a single line phone to this system will it work on the system extension list?

My issue is a guard shack that is remote of the building. I am trying to get necessary communications there with the clients budget in mind.
Yes, a standard single-line phone can be supported from a Partner station port via any transport medium. In your case, you'll need media converters at each end of the fiber run. At the system end, you'll need something that emulates an FXO interface. At the remote end, you will need FXS emulation. You will need AC power at both ends.

You won't be able to use any kind of Partner system phone for this application.
Thank you! very much!
Posted By: skip555 Re: Partner II System - Fiber Optic solution - 01/31/10 07:33 PM
you might want to look at the en genius cordless

what is the distance involved ?
Posted By: jwooten Re: Partner II System - Fiber Optic solution - 02/01/10 07:41 AM
You should be able to incorporate VoIP adapters such as the Zoom 5801. As mentioned before only the analog function will work!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help