atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Michael Peace Extension rings while on call - 02/03/10 08:24 AM
We have just set up the Automated Attendant feature. We have always used a receptionist but now with the economy in the toilet we can’t afford one.

Now, if a user is on their extension talking and a call is routed to them via the system, the extension still rings once, then goes silent until the Voice Message system picks up with the users greeting.

My question is, how can I change it so that if the extension is in use the phone does not ring at all. I don't really care if the outside caller hears a few rings before it goes to voice mail but if it can be changed so that if the extension is in use, the caller is automatically put to voice mail that would work also.

I know that’s a bit long winded but I don't know how else to put it.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Extension rings while on call - 02/03/10 09:05 AM
Add a DND button to the phone, have the user turn it on when they don't want to hear even one ring to alert them to another call.
Posted By: Michael Peace Re: Extension rings while on call - 02/03/10 09:53 AM
The only problem with that is the user has to remember to press that button every time they pick up the phone. If that's the only option I guess the user will just have to get used to it.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Extension rings while on call - 02/03/10 12:12 PM
Or get used to the one ring.

-Hal
Posted By: vad60 Re: Extension rings while on call - 02/05/10 06:27 AM
Deepends on the VM type. If that is the third party VM and have a supervised transfer feature then it wont ring unless ext. is available.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Extension rings while on call - 02/05/10 06:59 AM
How does the VM determine if the extension is in use prior to transferring the call?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help