atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DigitelD IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/09/10 07:35 AM
I am trying to set up our demo and have a question about Dial by Name. I set up an AA with # going to Dial by Name. I uploaded the VM files through Embedded File Management. However, I am not getting a voice prompt that tells the caller what to do. If I go ahead and spell a lastname it will work but there is no greeting. Am I missing a wav file or do I need to record the prompt. I appreciate any help.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/09/10 09:01 AM
Go into your "AA" in Manager, it will show the code for the "menu Options".

There is no default greeting, so you will need to record one there.
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/09/10 09:12 AM
If I understand correctly, that greeting is for when I say:
Press 1 for the Chief
Press 2 for the Assistant Chief
..and so on.
I have done that. The problem is when I press # for dial by name. I thought it was supposed to instruct the caller as to what to do. For example, the caller presses # and then hears, "Please spell the lastname of the caller you wish to reach", and then they spell the name. I am not getting the greeting when # is pressed.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/09/10 01:13 PM
Have the users set up their mail boxes yet? Until the mailbox has a recorded name, it wont work. But I do beleive that it will at least play the greeting.

Does the voicemail work? can you access mailboxes ok?
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/10/10 08:56 AM
Yes, the mailboxes work and I have recorded the names in the mailboxes. I am just not getting that initial greeting.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/10/10 09:08 AM
Do you see the shortcode name when you dial it?
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/10/10 09:12 AM
I didn't create a shortcode. I only assigned the # key for Dial by Name in the Auto Attendant. I only assumed that there was a canned greeting that would play. What shortcode are you referring to?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/10/10 10:11 AM
Do you have a short code to dial the AA menu?

exaple:
AutoAttendant
AA:Main(or AA name)
lg 0

When you dial that, you should see the short code and then hear greeting.
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/10/10 10:18 AM
OK, yes I have a shortcode of **600 set up. That is how I have been testing it. I dial that and my AA greeting plays. I then select # which is set up for Dial by Name. At that point I don't hear a greeting telling the caller what to do. If I go ahead and dial the lastname, it will say, "Press 1" and then play the recorded name match. I have uploaded the VM files from Embedded File Management as well. Where do I get the greeting that would prompt the caller to enter in the lastname and press #?
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/11/10 08:44 AM
I was told by Westcon that there is no greeting for this.
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/23/10 08:28 AM
I am now confused. Westcon says that there is no canned greeting for Dial by Name. I have seen on a Yahoo forum that there indeed IS a canned greeting for this and it must be uploaded to the IP Office. According to documentation you open Embedded File Management and then click on Upload Voice Mail Prompts. However, I only have the option of Upload Voice Mail Files. I have completed that and still no canned greeting. What I have done is to record in my main greeting, "For a dial by name directory press the # key and spell the last name of the party you wish to reach." All works well. I just want a straight answer. Is there a canned greeting that is supposed to play or not? Thanks for your help as I try to get through the transition.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/23/10 12:46 PM
There is a default greeting. Once you press the button you have directed for "Dial by name", you get the vociemail lady asking:
"Enter last name and #, for help press star H"

If you wanted a custom recording of that, you would need to change the file name, then upload it to the system. (there are 4 files if I remember correctly)

If you are not getting the voicemail lady asking for the last name, then open sysmon, try your dial by name, and watch the trace is you get:
158267586mS ERR: EVM 4p0 upgrade file clips missing
158267587mS ERR: EVM 4p2 upgrade file clips missing
158267592mS ERR: EVM 5p0 upgrade file clips missing

Then your embedded prompts are not upgraded, and will need to be, as this adds the .c11 files you need.
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/23/10 12:50 PM
I have looked at System Monitor and I do not get the error when trying Dial By Name. Where can I download the files from Avaya? I must not have everything.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/23/10 01:21 PM
The files are in the Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\LVMSound (maybe minus the x86)

Then you will see all the language folders. I always upgrade the ENU and the ENG. Make sure that you are using Manager 7.0.8 or above.

Knowledgebase info here
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/23/10 01:49 PM
According to the documentation:

Transferring the Prompt Files Using IP Office Manager for IP Office 5.0

This option is supported for IP Office 4.2+.
1. Start IP Office Manager.
2. Select File | Advanced | Embedded File Management.
3. Use the Select IP Office menu to select the required IP Office system.
4. Select File | Upload Voicemail Prompts.
5. The prompt files will be automatically transferred from the Manager application folder to the folder on the Embedded Voicemail memory card.

However, I only get "Upload Voicemail Files". I don't get "Upload Voicemail Prompts". I have completed the upload of the files. I even upgraded the system to 5.0 (18) with no change. I just tried it again looking at Monitor and I don't get an error. What am I doing wrong?
Posted By: UniquelyFit Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/24/10 02:13 PM
I just got done fighting this problem myself! If you go to the knowledgebase there is a detailed decription on how to fix this. In the knowledgebase your tabs at the top should be ip office 5.0, english, manuals (pdf's. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way and click on the Embedded Voicemail Installation Guide. On page 20 there is a section about transferring files using tftp. Follow those steps and use the transfer all prompts option (using the send711 file). Follow the rest of the steps after the transfer completes (took me about 10-15 mins to transfer the files). Wait the 10 minutes after the reboot like the instructions say and your prompt should be there! Also instead of extracting the prompts like it says in step 8 you might just be able to search the computer with manager on it for the send711 file. I was able to find the file through windows then go right to that directory in cmd prompt and it worked fine. Since manager is on the computer the send711 file should be there. Good Luck!
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/25/10 05:47 AM
Thanks so much for your help.
Posted By: emmitt2727 Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/25/10 07:01 AM
DigitalD,

Did you get the cd's with your demo system to access the manager software and user stuff? We have had to go to the website and download everything. The doc I have found all refer some sort of disk /dvd that we should have received. Have you been to bootcamp yet? I am going in march.
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/25/10 07:32 AM
The only disk that I received was for the licensing. Yes, I went to bootcamp earlier this month. I am supposed to go to the Advanced class in May.
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/25/10 02:18 PM
I downloaded the Admin suite again from the website and looked for the file LVMSOUND, and could not find it. Is that a file that is only on the CD?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/25/10 03:58 PM
LVM sound is in your Manager directory
C:Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/26/10 05:22 AM
Thank you, I finally found it. I was looking in the wrong place.
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IP Office Rls5 Embedded VM - 02/26/10 06:19 AM
Thanks everyone, I now have the canned greeting. I can now get some sleep tonight. The steps UniquelyFit gave worked. I tried to copy the files but in order to get the canned greeting I had to transfer them via TFTP.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help