atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: grafted compatible partner mail for current setup - 03/04/10 10:24 AM
Hello,

First post here from the cold state of connecticut.

Looking to add a voicemail system to our 5 slot carrier. Currently have 4 boards as listed below.

From left to right
1) Partner 206E r3.0
2) Partner 200E
3) Partner Plus processor module r4.0
4) Partner 206E r3.1
5) <empty>

Searching for a partner mail VS. Any limitations as far as revisions? Will any r1.0 through 5.* work?

Thanks,

Matt
Posted By: dexman Re: compatible partner mail for current setup - 03/04/10 10:45 AM
You can add the Partner Mail VS to that system.

Having said that, the Partner Plus processor, the various expansion cards and the Partner Mail VS are all, pretty much, obsolete.

This might be a good time to look into upgrading to the Avaya Partner ACS along with an Avaya Partner Messaging or Partner Voice Messaging (depending on your requirements).
Posted By: dtmf Re: compatible partner mail for current setup - 03/04/10 10:49 AM
You can use any of the VS for your switch, just keep in mind you get what you pay for as the VS has been out of production for some time now so I suggest you find someplace that will sell you a refurbished VS with a new hard drive.

Hope this helps and good luck
Appreciate the fast response. Unfortunately being a small family business I am limited with what I have and can get.

Thanks for the help.

Matt
I have been in contact with a guy with sells refurbs for all brands - $120.00 shipped for a partner mail vs r3.0 or 4.0

I have seen prices as high at $400.00s for this part.

Thanks,

Matt
Posted By: dexman Re: compatible partner mail for current setup - 03/04/10 12:48 PM
Keep in mind what Russ suggested about purchasing a unit with a new hard drive.

"Refurbished" means different things to different people. In the case of a voicemail, it could simply mean that the unit was defaulted back to factory settings and then tested 1 time to make sure that it's functional.

There's no way to tell if the hard drive will last 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or 5 years.
Posted By: hbiss Re: compatible partner mail for current setup - 03/04/10 04:28 PM
That's the problem with these things. The most common failure is the hard drive. Consider that a VS R3 is about 10 years old, would you trust the HD in a 10 year old PC?

I can guarantee you that nothing you buy "refurbished" has had nothing more than a cleaning. When old equipment comes into most refurbishers if it doesn't work it gets tossed. Not worth it to fix anything. So that leaves you with something that has had a cleaning of it's outside and a quick test for functionality with everything original.

I don't sell used or refurbished because it either has problems or doesn't last very long.

By the way, you can use any Partner Messaging (except of course the PC card for the ACS) including the current Partner Messaging R7.

-Hal
A refurbed VM for $150.00 is looking for trouble.
You may get what you paid for.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help