atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kevin433 Large button accessible phone - 03/10/10 11:52 AM
I'm looking for a large button system phone for Avaya Partner ACS. I haven't found one yet... if there isn't one, might there be a cleaver workaround using a standard large button phone? Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Large button accessible phone - 03/10/10 12:37 PM
No system phones have larger than normal buttons. Single line phones can be used on the Partner, either through the AUX jack on the phone, wired in parallel with a multiline set, or as their own extension number.
Posted By: Kevin433 Re: Large button accessible phone - 03/10/10 12:48 PM
Thanks TTT,

I'm also interested in a system phone that could "speak" the onscreen information displayed. For example when a user with low vision receives a call, it would be nice if they could hear the words "Call from extension 11." Or, "Call from (734)123-1234. I'm assuming this isn't available either.

I wonder if there are other phone systems that support these accessibilty needs. ...a product other than Partner ACS that is suited for the small business environment.

Thanks again for your ideas.
Posted By: MP Telecom Re: Large button accessible phone - 03/10/10 02:04 PM
The "Euro II" phones have relatively large buttons (Bigger than the MLS phones) but they don't make a proprietary phone that has LARGE buttons.
Posted By: MP Telecom Re: Large button accessible phone - 03/10/10 02:07 PM
Panasonic makes a "Talking" CLID cordless phone. You may try that. But you would have to jumper out the outside line directly to the area where the phone is located.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help