atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: R-10Comm Marriage of Legend and Magix - 04/06/10 05:06 PM
Stumbled upon an installation where a previous installer added a Magix expansion cabinet with Merlin Messaging to a Legend primary cabinet. The VM is working but there are 'gremlins' in the system. My reaction is "You can't do that".

Can you?????????
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Marriage of Legend and Magix - 04/06/10 05:11 PM
You can add Magix cards to a Legend system by using clam shells.
Is that what your asking?
Posted By: R-10Comm Re: Marriage of Legend and Magix - 04/06/10 05:17 PM
No, I mean someone attached a metal Magix expansion onto a plastic Legend primary. Something I have never else seed or considered.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Marriage of Legend and Magix - 04/06/10 05:48 PM
It should still work.
Posted By: merlinman Re: Marriage of Legend and Magix - 04/06/10 06:21 PM
When the MAGIX was introduced, the PLASTIC parts for LEGEND were discontinued (for the most part).

Thus, when a client needed to expand an existing Legend, it was just fine to use a MAGIX Expansion module.

That was (at the time) quite a winning situation for Lucent/Avaya (I think AT&T was out of it by then) 'cause LIST PRICE on that empty MAGIX Expansion unit was something like $1400.00.

They are still rather expensive to this day because of that and the fact that there are few of them around.

So, just what are these GREMLINS?

And no, I will not drive to Vail to help you...- LOL - -
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Marriage of Legend and Magix - 04/06/10 07:46 PM
It seems to me that there was something about a virtual "bridge board" that allowed the merging of a metal and plastic cabinet.
Posted By: R-10Comm Re: Marriage of Legend and Magix - 04/07/10 10:45 AM
This was simply something I had not seen before and it just seemed 'wrong'.

The gremlins turned out to bee wat too much leftover programming from t1 pri as line by line and I needed call by call.

I printed everything I could think of and turned up all the problems.
Posted By: merlinman Re: Marriage of Legend and Magix - 04/07/10 11:39 AM
Nope, no "Bridge Board", they just fit together.

In fact, you can go the other way as well.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Marriage of Legend and Magix - 04/09/10 07:32 PM
Originally posted by merlinman:
Nope, no "Bridge Board", they just fit together.

In fact, you can go the other way as well.
I have seen a few of those Jack, looks stange but it works like a charm. :thumb:
Posted By: ttech Re: Marriage of Legend and Magix - 04/11/10 07:07 PM
In surrogate mode, you could program in "Bridge boards" to take up the left over slots at the end of a carrier if it was not filled before the other type of carrier was fitted.

No physical bridge board, just something so the system knew that the slots were empty on purpose.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help