atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JordonJ Adding a T1 to a R7 - 04/28/10 06:17 AM
Okay, this wasn't my idea, but the situation is what it is, and I need to program it. We just got it in today, no cd, no documentation.

I know the only way to program a T1 card is via the PC programming interface, but is there a way to connect to programming via serial without a RAC card?
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Adding a T1 to a R7 - 04/28/10 06:46 AM
Use the admin port on the control unit.
Posted By: merlinman Re: Adding a T1 to a R7 - 04/28/10 07:38 AM
As far as "....but is there a way to connect to programming via serial without a RAC card?"

Yes, there is. Each Legend/Magix has it own built in Modem that can be accessed by dial up.

However, as you are programming the T1/PRI the system does a FORCED IDLE (as in knocking everyone off the system) and re-boot more than once.

On site that's not too bad, but with Dial Up, it would be a HUGE hassle.

I prefer to I build a model in my lab, get it programmed and then just load those translations into the one being installed.

But, I'd be willing to bet you don't have a great many of these sitting around your shop.
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Adding a T1 to a R7 - 04/28/10 10:13 AM
But, I'd be willing to bet you don't have a great many of these sitting around your shop.
Nope...
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Adding a T1 to a R7 - 04/28/10 12:36 PM
But since in another post, I figured out that you're talking about a PARTNER and adding a T1, just use a 355 adapter and the serial port on your PC, connect to the Admin jack on the Partner processor, and use the PC Administration GUI for programming.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help