atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Butch Cassidy Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 11:50 AM
The first floor tenant has a Partner ACS system with Partner VS voicemail module and some 308 adn 400 modules in a 5-module cabinet. The upstairs tenant has a similar Partner ACS system. The upstairs tenant is moving out and sold its phone system to the first floor tenant, who is expanding into the second floor. He wishes to have one phone system for both floors. How can I leave the two separate Partner cabinets and their modules in place and combine them into one system?
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 12:06 PM
You can't.
Posted By: Butch Cassidy Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 12:22 PM
Okay. So my Plan B is to put in one cabinet:
308EC R3.0
308EC R3.0
ACS processor R-unknown(3x8) + remote/backup flash card
308EC R3.0
Partner Voicemail VS R5.0 + 2 port voicemail flash.

Will this work?

Will I then have a 12x32 system?

How many voicemail ports, boxes and auto-attendants will I have? (The tenant wants 3 separate auto attendants on 3 separate C.O. numbers.)
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 12:39 PM
The system will work. 12x32
2 VM Ports
I belive 3 AA is ok
3 CO is ok
Should work ok
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 12:57 PM
Yeah, you can have 4 AA's on the PMVS R.5, but I would recommend getting a 4-port card to go in it.
Posted By: Butch Cassidy Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 02:10 PM
Thanks for that info. The customer has two of the 4-port voicemail flash cards. Can I use both of them in the same Partner Mail VS R.5 module? It has two PCMCIA slots, I think. Will that give the system 10 voicemail ports?

The customer also has two remote/backup flash cards. Can I put both of these in the ACS processor module? Does that do anything that 1 does not?
Posted By: bpitt Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 02:19 PM
I've seen two systems tied together in an odd way. Take one line port and plug into a station port on the other switch, and vice versa. Then, you have two sets of intercom numbers, 10-25, etc, on two lines. Using ling ring prefrences you could possibly tweak it so that lines ring at both places...kinda hard to explain.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 02:33 PM
No only 1 port card for VM
I agree with Mike, get a 4 or 6 port card.
Only 1 backup card.
Posted By: Butch Cassidy Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 02:40 PM
Thanks for the advice.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 03:26 PM
If you are using a PMVS R.5 then your only two options are 2 or 4port.
The PMVS comes standard 2-port without any licence card, but you can install a 4-port lic card to get 4-ports.
You would need a Partner Messaging R.1,R.6 or R.7 in order to have the 6-port option.

Quote by bpitt:
I've seen two systems tied together in an odd way. Take one line port and plug into a station port on the other switch, and vice versa. Then, you have two sets of intercom numbers, 10-25, etc, on two lines. Using ling ring prefrences you could possibly tweak it so that lines ring at both places...kinda hard to explain.
True, you can tie two systems together by crossing ext ports of system A to line ports of system B and vice versa, but the systems will not work as one system as the OP requested.
Posted By: PENCOM Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/30/11 03:59 PM
I have done exactly what your asking Butch, I had the same request by a customer, But It will not work as one as pointed out by Mdanial. The bigest complaint I had was you just about have to have two receptionists to make the thing work. Otherwise you can't transfer callers that ring in on system A to system B's extensions or direct to voice mail subscribers. You can transfer them to system B's acting receptionist and they can transfer to system B's VM subscriber or ext. It gets complicated!
Posted By: Butch Cassidy Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/31/11 09:19 AM
I see. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/31/11 05:24 PM
We have connected Partner systems in the past (before IP Office came out) miles away from each other with multiTech boxes and FXS/FXO to line and station ports of each system via the www.
But in order to transfer a call from site (A) to a specific ext at site (B) the call would have to go to site (B's) AA and vice versa.
Not very pretty or user friendly to say the least. No BLF,centralized VM ect.

So, to answer your question:
Can (2) separate Partner systems be connected to operate as (1) system? The answer would be: No
Posted By: Z-man Re: Can you combine Partner systems? - 03/31/11 07:23 PM
your best solution is to go IPO with partner sets, or look for some used Magix equipment with ETR cards. It will save you the headache of trying to make something work that was outside of the intended parameters.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help