atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jenyus moved system, now all circuits busy - 04/01/11 01:28 PM
Hello all!
So we usually don't mess with phones if we can help it but we decided to tackle a job.
Heres the specs on the system:
Lucent Partner 206E Module R4.1 (x2, slots 1 and 2)
Avaya Partner ACS PROC. R3.0 (slot 3)
Lucent Partner Mail VS v5.0 (slot 4)

8 lines total (1 fax, 1 for credit card reader, 6 voice)

We ran new lines in the building, but moved the avaya boxes and punch down block without changing any wiring on the punch down block or changing extensions on the lucent boxes. We didn't drop any phone lines but we did drop a couple of extensions. Now when a number is busy, when someone calls that number, it either just rings, throws a busy signal or comes back with "All circuits are busy blah blah blah".

We're at a loss since we've never dealt with this gear before.

we've tried reprogramming hunt groups and a couple other things but to no avail. does anyone have any ideas? we're reaching our whits end and need to get the project wrapped up.

Thanks!
Posted By: MnDave Re: moved system, now all circuits busy - 04/01/11 01:42 PM
Don't just jump to a conclusion that the system is doing this. "All circuits are busy?" Thats a TelCo intercept. Disconnect the lines from the system and I'll bet you still get the recording and quite possibly all the conditions you are reporting. Call each of the lines and see what condition each one has. That's where I would start.
Posted By: jenyus Re: moved system, now all circuits busy - 04/01/11 01:56 PM
hey youre right! its doing the exact same thing. i called ATT and they said it wasn't their problem, but i guess i just need to talk to someone who knows a little bit more. thanks!
Posted By: jenyus Re: moved system, now all circuits busy - 04/01/11 02:56 PM
well ATT admitted their error and said the lines need call waiting to hunt properly, but we have to wait until monday to get the account info. ill let you know if it worked! thanks a lot!
Posted By: mdaniel Re: moved system, now all circuits busy - 04/01/11 03:40 PM
Originally posted by jenyus:
well ATT admitted their error and said the lines need call waiting to hunt properly
Ummmmm that doesn't sound good.
You don't want call waiting on your lines, just hunt and/or rollover.
Posted By: upstateny Re: moved system, now all circuits busy - 04/02/11 02:38 AM
Originally posted by jenyus:
we've tried reprogramming hunt groups and a couple other things but to no avail. does anyone have any ideas? we're reaching our whits end and need to get the project wrapped up.

Thanks!
Tell us what you did to try and program the hunt groups and we'll take it from there....
Posted By: skip555 Re: moved system, now all circuits busy - 04/02/11 04:44 AM
is this actually AT&T or are you using that as a generic term to refer to the dial tone provider ?

dial tone from the cable company maybe ?

in any case like Mike said call waiting isn't what your your looking for

just a thought here you are so far over your head your customer would be better served at this point if you called in someone knowledgeable to finish this up and get everything working properly
Posted By: KENB Re: moved system, now all circuits busy - 04/02/11 04:59 AM
Further to Skips comment ,although this sounds like a problem with your provider,theres a link above to installers and California installers ,Take a look and there may be a local tech that can get you over this issue .

Also they could get you going with any program changes.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help