atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: High Mesa Communications New IP office and AA - 05/09/11 07:19 AM
I've got a new IP office installed, the customer now wants to have the AA answer on the 4th ring. is this done through incomming call route or is there an easier way? The 4 lines are just POTs.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: New IP office and AA - 05/09/11 01:31 PM
Embedded voicemail or VM Pro?

If it is embedded, route the incoming lines to a hunt group, with an overflow to another hunt group that contains only a phantom extension that is forwarded to a short code that points it to the auto attendant. (Whew! PM me for specific programming)

If it is VM Pro, route the incoming lines to a hunt group, and enable voicemail. Make a leave action for the VM to route to the AA module.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: New IP office and AA - 05/10/11 07:13 AM
it's embedded. Man that sounds like trouble waiting to happen.
Posted By: Mitel Tech Re: New IP office and AA - 05/10/11 09:19 AM
TTT is right on.

That is how it is done.

It is not as bad as it sounds.

Try it, it works.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: New IP office and AA - 05/10/11 01:05 PM
ok and I set the forward time of the phantom extension to determine when it is answered? what short code?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: New IP office and AA - 05/10/11 03:36 PM
Create your own short code, whatever fits within your dial plan.

Here's what I do. If I don't have any extensions in the 200 range, I make Short Code *221 go to Autoattendant, Auto Attendant 1 (221 spells AA1, so it's easy to remember). Now you can dial *221 and reach Auto Attendant No. 1

Then I create a new User, FWD AA1, extension number 221, and forward it (including Hunt Group calls) to *221. Now you can dial 221, which forwards to *221, and reach Auto Attendant No. 1.

Now make a new Hunt Group, Delayed AA1, Ext. 291, and put user 221 in as the only member. Now you can dial 291, reach User 221, which is forwarded to *221, and reach Auto Attendant No. 1

Finally, in the Hunt Group "Main", 200, put the hunt group "Delayed AA1" in the Overflow, and set the timers for the correct number of rings.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: New IP office and AA - 05/10/11 04:12 PM
Ok, I did all that, with different names, but I'm having trouble programming the short code. Where do I tell it that short code 221 calls the Auto Attendant. There is no "aa Group" that I see.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: New IP office and AA - 05/10/11 08:26 PM
There is a separate short code section. This is where you specify your codes.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: New IP office and AA - 05/10/11 08:50 PM
Right. You need ot go into shortcodes, and create a new one, as TTT indicated:
Code: *221
Feature: AutoAttendant
Tel Number: AA:Main (where main is your Auto Attendants name)
L/G: 0

Then check everything backwards. After recording the AA greetings.
Does calling *221 go to the AA recording?
Does calling 221 go to the AA recording?
Does Calling 291 go to the AA recording?

Should be good.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: New IP office and AA - 05/11/11 01:28 PM
Ok Iam going over to program. One last thing, do we need to tell the system to use the time schedule?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: New IP office and AA - 05/12/11 04:31 AM
Not a necessity.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: New IP office and AA - 05/12/11 07:11 AM
we're getting close. Got the short code programed, forwarded the extension, that all works. Now, I set up the overflow group 291, that has only the forwarded extension as amember and rings. but when I call 291 it just rings busy. I'm missing something?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: New IP office and AA - 05/12/11 07:46 AM
Make sure the box is checked so that the user being forwarded, is logged into the group.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: New IP office and AA - 05/12/11 04:22 PM
found the problem!In the overflow hunt group, 291, I needed to change the call type from collective to sequencial - didn't see that in the manual. Works great, thanks for the help
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help