atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/30/11 06:57 PM
Client has an IP Office system (no IP, all digital sets). Client wants to page his warehouse.

Is there a built-in paging port on this system? :confused:
Posted By: DayTech Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/30/11 07:47 PM
Check out the telephony tab on an analog port. Hopefully you one.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/30/11 08:03 PM
Sorry, I don't follow.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/30/11 10:34 PM
There is no built-in paging port, such as a Partner would have. You interface paging through a trunk or station port, depending on what you might have available, and may need additional equipment such as a UPAM/TAM-B or matching transformers.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/31/11 08:21 AM
Or, a cheaper way to do it is using a WMT1-a on an analog port.Just puts a 600ohm load on the line...

THen read up on the docs as to which release you have and what the port should be set as. (paging speaker or IVR port usually)
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/31/11 12:38 PM
Is there any way to plug a loud-ringer directly into a phone? Not sure what sets client has, as I haven't been on-site yet.

Client has one phone in a remote area and the people working in that area can't hear the phone ring or paging through the set speaker.
Posted By: Mitel Tech Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/31/11 02:19 PM
If the phone is an analog extension, there are external loud ringers that can be plugged in inline on the modular port of the phone.
Just google "analog loud ringer" and you will find them.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/31/11 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Mitel Tech:
If the phone is an analog extension, there are external loud ringers that can be plugged in inline on the modular port of the phone.
Just google "analog loud ringer" and you will find them.
It's a digital extension, just not sure of the model #.
Posted By: Mitel Tech Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/31/11 02:31 PM
With a Nortel we have seen an ATA used for that but I don't know what Avaya adapters are available.
Suggestion: You could put an analog extension in that area with a load ringer and put the extension on the digital phone as an appearance. Have them dial the analog extension when they want to call the remote area and they can pick it up on the digital phone. Also a call pick up code may work.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/31/11 02:38 PM
Nortel has a built-in paging port and a ringing port. Unfortunately, this is an Avaya system I'm dealing with.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 05/31/11 06:50 PM
On the IPO, use an analog station port to drive the loud bell, program that S/L extension to Internal Twin the digital phone.

You could get cheezy, use a Viking PA2A, pull the phone apart and clip onto the speaker leads for the input to Viking amp.
Posted By: Mitel Tech Re: Avaya IP Office...paging port? - 06/01/11 07:18 AM
TTT - Nice touch, I forgot about twinning for this application.
Good Call!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help