atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cconley IP Office Offsite Forwarding - 06/10/11 02:43 AM
Went to a service call the other day and customer has IP Office with an office manager software v4.6

Our issue is trying to forward calls at night to an offsite live answering service. I have checked all the forwarding features and tried to do a all call forward to the off site number. when we try calling in after putting the reception phone on forward, it stops the ringing at reception, but after 4 rings in the callers ear, it is transfered to a pickup group and someone in the building answers.

Does IP Office support offsite forwarding or only forwarding to an internal extension?

Are there some things I am missing?
Posted By: JordonJ Re: IP Office Offsite Forwarding - 06/10/11 05:13 AM
All calls are to be forwarded to the offsite location? The easiest way is to do it through their telco carrier. Do they have POTS lines or a PRI?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office Offsite Forwarding - 06/10/11 06:06 AM
yes, your missing something.

If the calls are routed to a hunt group, make anothe hunt group, put only 1 user i it, and set that user to forward offsite to the external number.
If using a button to go into night service, make that new group the night service fallback group
Posted By: cconley Re: IP Office Offsite Forwarding - 06/14/11 07:11 PM
Sorry, busy week and I somehow di9d not get my normal notification of replys to my post...

They want all calls to go to a live operator after hours and they have a PRI so I have to do the forwarding from the phone system. I tried the carrier but found out about the PRI.. and ho well.

I like the hunt group idea... again, I tried setting ext 10 to forward all calls, but when an inbound call comes in, it doesn't ring at ext 10 after I set the forward all, but it does ring someone else in the hunt group... so it does not bypass and forward. I like the idea of having the night button fall over to a hunt group and then forwarding that group to the answering service. I will attempt this on Friday. d

Thanks. I will get back to you.

CC
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office Offsite Forwarding - 06/14/11 07:35 PM
Is this an IP Office PARTNER Edition??????
Posted By: cconley Re: IP Office Offsite Forwarding - 07/26/11 04:17 PM
no...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help