atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Anonymous IP office display issue. - 07/07/11 02:44 PM
We changed out some hardware on our IP Office and now the telephone does not display the name or ext number and an internal call does not display name or ext number, I am sure it is something simple I guess I'm just too simple to figure it out or my day has just been too long.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: IP office display issue. - 07/07/11 02:48 PM
You can go into the display settings of the phone to turn this back on.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: IP office display issue. - 07/07/11 03:37 PM
Not seeing that on the phones. We found that phones that are plugged into a digital 30 are the ones affected. Any ideas?
Posted By: mdaniel Re: IP office display issue. - 07/07/11 05:21 PM
What model phones are you using?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: IP office display issue. - 07/07/11 06:16 PM
If you are using the 1400/1600 series, try this:

1400 Phones – Do these steps on initial installation

· FEATURES
· [Up Arrow] 3 Times
· SELECT (Call Settings)
· [Up Arrow] 3 Times
· ON (Show Waiting Call)
· BACK
· [Up Arrow]
· SELECT (Phone User)
· [Up Arrow]
· SELECT (Phone Screen Settings)
· [Up Arrow]
· CHANGE (Display Name ON)
· DONE

· “A” Menu
· [Down Arrow]
· SELECT (Call Settings)
· ON/OFF (Visual Alerting On)
· DONE
· EXIT
Posted By: Z-man Re: IP office display issue. - 07/19/11 11:35 PM
do these settings have to be done from the phone? Can they be done from Manager? Copied from phone to phone?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: IP office display issue. - 07/19/11 11:38 PM
Unfortunately, it needs to be done from the phone, and it you make a new User for the Extension port, you have to do it all over again. The settings do stick through power up and down, however.
Posted By: Z-man Re: IP office display issue. - 07/20/11 12:02 AM
The name display doesn't seem to stick through power up and down.. am I missing a setting?

and what does the G mean in the upper left of the display, with the arrow under it..
Posted By: mforrence Re: IP office display issue. - 07/20/11 03:48 AM
In initial post you mentioned that you've changed out hardware. Did you swap out the control? If so, did you upgrade all of the expansion modules to match the control software level?
Mike
Posted By: Z-man Re: IP office display issue. - 07/20/11 04:23 AM
Mike,

its all brand new out of the box 500v2 hardware. How do I know if any software upgrades need to be done?
Posted By: Z-man Re: IP office display issue. - 07/20/11 05:33 AM
And another thing..It appears anytime you make a configuration change and save it, it requires a reboot of the IPO? is this correct?
Posted By: mforrence Re: IP office display issue. - 07/20/11 05:38 AM
Within Manager, File/advanced/upgrade. The expansion module software level should show exactly two versions higher than control module. For example, the latest version is 7.0 (12). The control unit will show 7.0 (12) and the expansion mods should show 9.0 (12).
Mike
Posted By: mforrence Re: IP office display issue. - 07/20/11 05:41 AM
On reboot - it depends on what you change. It is WAY WAY better than it was when product first arrived in US. Most trunk items and "significant" system items require a restart. Most other items don't. There is a doc that shows what items require restart and what items don't. Generally, when sending config, if "merge" radio button is automatically selected, the items you've changed don't require restart.
Mike
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help