atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cavj1 Partner Programming - Day Service - 08/01/11 02:16 PM
Hi All...

I've tried searching this and I don't know if just searching wrong or what.

A remote office has a Partner 6. During the day all calls ring a "ring group" at the same time. They want to remove Ext 14 from ringing with every call that comes into the system. I'm guessing it has to do with button programming or a "ring group" where extensions are assigned to ring off of the main.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I was thinking of copying an extension that doesn't ring to replace the programming on ext 14. Good idea/bad idea?

Thanks
Joe
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Programming - Day Service - 08/01/11 03:43 PM
When you say a "ring group, what exactly do you mean?

Is the lines in the system pooled or square/key mode?
Posted By: upstateny Re: Partner Programming - Day Service - 08/02/11 03:58 AM
Originally posted by cavj1:
Hi All...

I've tried searching this and I don't know if just searching wrong or what.

A remote office has a Partner 6. During the day all calls ring a "ring group" at the same time. They want to remove Ext 14 from ringing with every call that comes into the system. I'm guessing it has to do with button programming or a "ring group" where extensions are assigned to ring off of the main.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I was thinking of copying an extension that doesn't ring to replace the programming on ext 14. Good idea/bad idea?

Thanks
Joe
Partner 6 is the phone not the system .... the Partner phones either ring immediate, ring delayed or don't ring. The "ring groups" as you are calling them only come into play on a transferred call, an intercom call or a transfer from the AA.

My suggestion is to get a tech in to your customers site.. this is all very basic stuff and an Avaya tech would have had this solved in minutes.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Partner Programming - Day Service - 08/02/11 04:58 AM
Joe, your mailbox is full.
Sent email
Ken
Posted By: cavj1 Re: Partner Programming - Day Service - 08/02/11 06:30 AM
When the main line is called it rings Ext 10, 11, and 14 simultaneously. I want to remove 14 from what I was referring to as a ring group. Different systems use different nomenclature sorry if "ring group" isn't correct for a Partner system. I know Definity we use brdg-appr for this...is that the same for Partner. I didn't see any mention of this in the manual.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Programming - Day Service - 08/02/11 06:39 AM
Then go into centralized programing and set that ext to "No Ring".
Posted By: clarkcs Re: Partner Programming - Day Service - 08/02/11 05:05 PM
I have a partner system 2. If you know how to get into programming mode enter extension 14. Solid ligt measns- ringing, Slow blink is delayed ring, Fast blink is no ringing. If you see any of these scenarios just press all the buttons on the phone that are solid blink and make them fast blink to stop the ringing. Not sure what type of partner you have. If you don't know how to get into programming, let me know.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help