atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JordonJ A question about Partner Mail and networking - 08/03/11 05:53 AM
I'm just posting this to be sure that there wasn't something I missed. We are installing a R7 ACS partner system to replace a partner plus.

Now fortunately, our salesguy did not try to say it offered unified messaging. But I was reading on a website (which I will not mention here) that The Partner Messaging could be managed via computer and offered a unified messaging solution. That's PARTNER messaging NOT IP office.

Did I miss something here? Last I knew, the Partner had no networking.

Thanks!
You CAN "manage" your messages through the web interface, but it doesn't play the messages through your computer, it calls you at an extension that you specify for the audio portion.

Unified Messaging requires an Exchange Server, and I believe it is only compatible with much older versions of Microsoft Exchange.

The programming GUI is pretty slick for building mass quantities of mailboxes on the initial installation, or fixing people's outcalling numbers without having to actually log into their mailboxes, but most simple changes are easier from the traditional DTMF interface.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help