atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Boskerthearkite Adding a fax server to TN464gp - 08/04/11 10:29 AM
I'm adding my first fax server into a G3siV11 and haven't got a clue what I need to do.
We're going to be using stations off of my Definity and I have added a TN464gp. I'm thinking I should configure it for PRI. Will those be considered trunks at that level?
What steps do I need to take.
Thanks guys.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Adding a fax server to TN464gp - 08/04/11 01:29 PM
Yes, it will program as 23 trunks. But you still need analog ports for the fax server. Probably if it's going to be outbound service, the trunks will need to be in a separate TG. with all the ARS routing, etc. If its going to be inbound service, the analog ports will probably need to be in a HG, with the trunks aimed at the HG via the access code. UNLESS you are going to use DID for different company groups, but that's a whole different subject.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Adding a fax server to TN464gp - 08/05/11 06:04 AM
Yeah....what your looking at can get pretty tricky...You will end up using UDP and AAR for your trunk routing...There have been a few posts on another forum about this...you might want to do a search about it....

Good Luck

...bob...

I will check some of old doc's for info also and try to get back to you....
Posted By: Boskerthearkite Re: Adding a fax server to TN464gp - 08/05/11 09:00 AM
Where I'm really hitting the wall is setting up a new tac. 'add tr nex' won't let me put in a new one there. Says invalid check dialplan and I can't see anything looking close to a tac on either 'ch dia an' or 'ch dia par'.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Adding a fax server to TN464gp - 08/05/11 10:13 AM
In your version of switch they are no longer called TAC...they are now DAC....do a list trunk and see what is being used now...try to find one in the same range and go from there...

...bob...
Posted By: Boskerthearkite Re: Adding a fax server to TN464gp - 08/05/11 11:14 AM
We only have 3 trunk groups and they are all 3 outside trunks. Not sure if that will do or not.
I don't see anything about DACs, I do see TACs but cant' seem to figure out how to add one.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Adding a fax server to TN464gp - 08/05/11 12:15 PM
I think your in over your head on this one...I would suggest getting ahold of a qualified tech to assist you in this venture.....

Good Luck

...bob...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help