atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: UniquelyFit IP Office 403 issue - 08/29/11 12:17 PM
I am trying to replace a 403 control unit for a customer and having some isssues. The current control unit is starting to act a little crazy (not seeing expansion modules mainly). I came into the IP Office world on the 500, so this is a little before my time, but I have worked on the older units enough to be pretty comfortable. I have another 403 unit from my vendor but I cannot see it in manager. I can see it from manager 9.0 (12) but it says unsupported. When I load manager 5.2 (69) I cannot get the control unit to pop up. My laptop is static to 192.168.42.5. I can see the default address of 192.168.42.1 assigned to the control unit when i use manager 9.0 (12) I have defaulted the config using the DTE port just to be safe. The only other thing I know about the control unit, which I think may be causing the problem, is that the control unit is running 1.4 (22) software. I am wondering if I need an older version of manager to see the unit? If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it. I need to get this going for the customer. Thanks!
Posted By: mforrence Re: IP Office 403 issue - 08/29/11 12:50 PM
I think you'll need a 3.2 Manager (actually Manager version 5.2) in order to see this unit. Are you sure that you only DTE'd the config and not the firmware? Will IP address reply to a ping? And finally, are you doing your customer a favor by installing a unit that has been discontinued for more than five years now?
Posted By: UniquelyFit Re: IP Office 403 issue - 08/29/11 12:57 PM
I am using manager 3.2 (69) (actually 5.2 (69)) and cannot see the unit. I am positive I only DTE'd the config (at-x was NOT performed) and the issue was the same before and after the defaulting. The IP address does reply to a ping. And trust me I wish I was installing a new IPO for the customer, unfortuanetly they wanted to be cheap and my office was able to obtain a 403, so here I am.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: IP Office 403 issue - 08/29/11 05:41 PM
If I where in your shoes UniquelyFit, I would upgrade the replacement 403 to 3.2, then I know for a fact that your manager 9.0 will work.
We still have many 403's out in the field and service them with 9.0 manager.

As far as the not being able to see the unit, that sounds like an IP conflict, have you tried connecting straight to the LAN or WAN port on the back of the box with everything set to DHCP.
Posted By: UniquelyFit Re: IP Office 403 issue - 09/01/11 05:34 PM
I was trying to upgrade the control unit to 3.2 so I could push the config back to it. I simply couldnt see the unit in manager to upgrade it. I have however resolved the problem. I downloaded manager 3.0 and it seen the control unit just fine. I have upgraded it and pushed the config back. Ready for install. Thanks for all your help though.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help