atcomsystems.ca/forum
I am trying to turn up a DS1 and have the green lights I've been looking for but can't seem to get the signaling to work.
This is going from a fax server to a hunt group.
I don't think in this configuration that I need to define a trunk group. My fax server is looking for wink start.
I can hear calls going out to the fax server but they are not answered and calls going the other way from the fax server do not see dial tone.
Posted By: dexman Re: Turning up a DS1 pointing to a hunt group - 08/30/11 10:38 AM
No mention of the type of Avaya system is made. Is it a Definity, IP Office or something else :confused:
Oops definity G3siV11
Posted By: Wellco Re: Turning up a DS1 pointing to a hunt group - 08/30/11 01:03 PM
Let me get this straight...You say your fax server is going to a "hunt group"...so how is your DS1 talking to your hunt group? without a trunk group to connect the two....there needs to be some kind of routing there somewhere.....you mentioned your server is looking for "wink start" how is your DS1 setup from your vendor...I suspect you need a trunk group in the mix.....

...bob...
I have created a hunt group and given them ports on a TN464 and turned up the T1 to the Biscom fax server, but I can't seem to get the signaling right between the fax server and the TN 464. I have the fax server set to Wink, but can't find a way to change my signaling on the TN464. The T1 is up and cooking.
Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Turning up a DS1 pointing to a hunt group - 08/31/11 07:54 AM
So is the T1 getting delivered to the G3 on a seperate PRI card, and the fax server is intergrating with the G3 using PRI emulation?
The T1 is wired with Cat6 from the DS1 card to the Biscom. Ports on the TN464gp are assigned to stations in the hunt group.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Turning up a DS1 pointing to a hunt group - 08/31/11 09:20 AM
So it is standard T-1 or PRI? Sounds like a standard T-1. Are you using DID?
Sorry, it's set up as a standard T1. I'm thinking I cannot do this without setting up a trunk group so I can give wink signaling, but now I can't figure out how to assign station numbers to my trunk. It's kind of a catch 22 thing isn't it. Thanks again.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Turning up a DS1 pointing to a hunt group - 08/31/11 11:29 AM
Standard T1 using DID, right? You would not trunks to the stations. You need to build incoming DID translations. How many ports on the fax server? Are you going to use multiple fax numbers to route to the server?
Standard T1 using DID, correct. I have DID already, do I need to delineate a group of numbers to be seperated by my LSP to hit this trunk group? What do I need to change to build DID xlats? Right now 8 ports on fax server. Yes eventually we will have multiple fax numbers.WOW, what have I gotten myself into?
Wellco gave me a name to call a couple of weeks ago, but my company doesn't think it has the $ to get that guy's help.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Turning up a DS1 pointing to a hunt group - 09/01/11 05:43 AM
Your going to have to setup UDP table I think....put in the ext's to go to the fax server and insert digits 9xx. In AAR route the 9xx code you made to a "new route pattern that points to the fax server trunk group...in that route pattern "del 3 digits" the 9xx..It should work I think....
Does that make sense?

...bob...
OK, I'm learning,I type "ch unif" and it prompts me for a number. Is that my extension number I want to use?
Posted By: Wellco Re: Turning up a DS1 pointing to a hunt group - 09/01/11 11:33 AM
Should be able to type "ch udp" or "ch unif" in your switch....and yes it's asking for the ext # that you want to use...pretty self explanitory after that...You will see where it show's you the whole 100's range and wants the 9xx that you assign for routing....

Good Luck...your getting there
Ok, I think I'm getting close. On the udp, I typed "ch uni 5099" and entered "5099" under the matching pattern with len=4 and del=0 and 991 under 'insert digits' and AAR under 'net'. That sound right?
Posted By: Wellco Re: Turning up a DS1 pointing to a hunt group - 09/01/11 01:00 PM
Keep goin......
I then went to the aar an 991 and for a 'dialed string' I put in 5099, total min=4 total max =4 and it doesn't like 5099 or 991 for a route pattern, so I think I'm missing the mark in several spots.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Turning up a DS1 pointing to a hunt group - 09/02/11 06:05 AM
Not trying to be a smart a## here..but I think for the amount of time you have in this..it's "tech" time...You would be better off to take my advice and get ahold of a tech and have them come in or remote in and get this setup for you and get you on your way.......

...bob...
Wouldst I but couldst I...
I'm gaining on it. I've got an ace in the hole I haven't played yet. Hate to call this guy, as he's really busy and I don't want my nephew to think his uncle is a doofus. I am gaining on it. I just want you to know, I really appreciate your help.
Woooha! Got it, my faxes are working. Thanks to you guys and a guy with the handle AvayaTier3.
Wow, I'll be nice to you all all day and I'm buying coffee. Here of course. lol
Posted By: Wellco Re: Turning up a DS1 pointing to a hunt group - 09/02/11 10:46 AM
Ahhh way to go.....you stuck with it...Now U the man.......Good Job !!!!!!!!

...bob...

+ AT 3 has forgot more about this stuff than most of us will ever know.....:-)
Ha, I think I've forgotten more than I know...lol
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help