atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gator Tech Partner Mail Rls 3 - 08/30/11 01:31 PM
I took over the maintenance on a Partner ACS system with a Partner Mail Rls 3 PC Voice Mail. It has a RLs 6 processor and three 308EC modules. The last module is a 206 Rls 4.1 that has 4 analog ports connected to the Voice Mail. They started having the usual static issues on the Voice Mail ports. I tried replacing the 206 with a 308EC for the analog Voice Mail ports but had a problem with port 3 continuously calling ext 10. I rebooted everything with no luck. I verified that the voice mail ports were right in program #505. Everthing else seems to work. I had to put the 206 back in and the problem went away. Is there a compatibility issue with the Partner Mail Rls 3 and the 308EC Rls 3?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner Mail Rls 3 - 08/30/11 08:00 PM
There is actually an issue with Partner Mail and 308 modules. The last one we did (years ago) required that we find the old 1200 baud modem and have Avaya dial in and install a patch in the Partner Mail. We ate the cost that time because we upgraded a Partner II to an ACS with 308 modules for the quantity of extensions.

The VM ports somehow sense a ring, and go off hook to answer. When it times out, not getting any DTMF, it flashes and transfers to the operator, thus a phantom ring on Ext. 10.

It can also happen if you program a guest mailbox on a VM port extension number - the MW light gets picked as a ring as well.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help