atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: philmig Avaya IP sofphone 6.0 SP6 Error on Windows 7 - 08/30/11 02:57 PM
Hi I installed Avaya IP softphone on my new laptop with OS windows 7 and I am getting message below. Is this a compatibility issue? Does anyone run into the same issue and have a fixed for it? Let me know if you need more information?

System: Avaya S8700
Software Version: R013x.01.4.642.1

Avaya IP Softphone
An error was identified in Avaya IP softphone.Information about the configuration of your telephone extension could not be stored. Make sure that Avaya IP softphone installation directies are not write-protected. Try to log into the server later.If the problem persists reboot your pc and try to log in again.
?
Have you had this config up and running on another windows OS? Like XP?
I'm not a CM expert, but your problem sounds like compatibility or firewall issues.

Good Luck.
Yes I have this installed and configured on a Windows XP machine and there is no issue. so it posibble compatibility issue.....is there any new version of the IP softphone that is compatible for Windows 7?
You could try to install the softphone using Windowx XP Mode. You need to have at least Windows 7 Professional but other than that its a free download from Microsoft. It emulates a Windows XP environment, you load XP Mode and then install the softphone. I havn't done it with the softphone but I use it for some other programs for a for some avaya and nec systems. Works great. Also lets you run the programs installed in XP Mode to run from the Windows 7 desktop.
Thank you! I will give this a try and let you know the result.

Thx
Phigmig28
I am using Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit

Avaya IP Softphone R6.0 SP1 and its working okay.

On my XP Professional Service Pack 3 PC I am using Avaya IP Softphone R6.0 SP7 which does not work with my Windows 7
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help