atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: twarner Long distance charges IP Office - 09/20/11 05:17 AM
Hello,

I have an IP office 500 and we are setting up an auto attendant that on a few selections will be forwarding calls off site, one will be to England. The question came up of who will be receiving the long distance charges, the caller or us. I always thought it was the caller but a few others say no. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Tom
Posted By: dexman Re: Long distance charges IP Office - 09/20/11 05:49 AM
Long distance charges should be billed to your company, because the calls to England are being forwarded by your IP Office system....using your service....not the phone line/service of the originating callers.
Posted By: twarner Re: Long distance charges IP Office - 09/20/11 05:57 AM
Thanks for the quick answer, that was exactly what we were hoping for!
Posted By: skip555 Re: Long distance charges IP Office - 09/20/11 05:59 AM
just add to Paul's answer . I call you from Fl and get forwarded to England , I'm billed for the call Fl to MA you get billed for the hop across the pond
Posted By: Z-man Re: Long distance charges IP Office - 09/20/11 06:28 AM
The rates for Europe can vary as well depending on if its a land line or mobile number. Right now we pay 8 cents a minute for a call to Germany, but its 25 cents a minute if it is to a mobile number. Just something to check into.
Posted By: twarner Re: Long distance charges IP Office - 09/20/11 06:36 AM
Thanks for all the great info!
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Long distance charges IP Office - 09/20/11 07:03 PM
Just to add to what has been said, you may want to look at putting in some WWW lines, SIP, Vonage, heck even magic jack and then setting up LCR in your IPO.

Just a thought.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help