atcomsystems.ca/forum
Any help would be appreciated. Setting up 5 lines on an IP Office using embedded mail. The auto attendnant is to pick up after 5 rings if a live person does not answer. What is the best way to program that? Put lines in a hunt group, then overflow after 5 rings to another hunt group that picks up immediately was suggested. There has got to be a setting or code I am missing. In the PArtner ACS world it was so simple. Help
It's complicated with Embedded, but stay with me.

Create a short code that points to your Auto Attendant.
Create a User that is Forwarded (including Hunt Group calls) to that shortcode.
Create a sequential hunt group with that user as the only member.
Make that group the overflow for the Main hunt group.
Make the Main group Collective, Call Waiting.
Set your overflow timer, and put your ringing extensions in the Main huntgroup.
Point your Incoming Call Route to the Main huntgroup.

Call comes in, rings the phones, overflows to the overflow group that rings the phone that forwards to the auto attendant that Jack built.
Thank you so much... not just a simple setting to 3 or 4 rings or whatever... wow, an engineer must of have designed the programming
shootkevin, first off, welcome to the board.

I by no means intend to come off snooty or degrading, but programing an IPO is nothing like the Magix or Partner world.
Are you an Authorized BP or Avaya certified installer of IPO?

Thanks,
Originally posted by mdaniel:
shootkevin, first off, welcome to the board.

I by no means intend to come off snooty or degrading, but programing an IPO is nothing like the Magix or Partner world.
Are you an Authorized BP or Avaya certified installer of IPO?

Thanks,
What Mike said.... I went through IPO traing at R3..then never really got involved in programming much. Finally came back to IPO at R7. I have installed 4 of them so far, plus working with two demo units. I am still in the infant stages as far as I am concerned. I rely on guys like Mike,TTT, and others to help me out, and I have some background in it. If you are new to the IPO, you need the training first and the help, there is just no substitute for the actuall hands on experience that time brings.
thanks for the help. BP yes. IPO bootcamp was a blur as we do so little of it in our rural market. More, but still not a ton. What I would give for an easy install wizard.. punch in some data and voila!
I know how you feel about bootcamp. There are some base configurations available on some othersites, as well as additional information. I would just keep asking questions. If you are a BP, I would talk with the board admins here so you can get access to the installer forum.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help