atcomsystems.ca/forum
I am trying to remember how this works.

Have an IP Office R 7 hooked up to my office network. I want to run 1 phone from home. A physical phone. What phone can I use, what license do I need, and what about setting up some sort of VPN? What do I need on the switch side?

Next question- what software and license and VPN stuff do I need to run a laptop as a set when I am at an airport or other place with WI-FI? A USB headset and what?

Thanks in advance.
The higher end phones like the 9641 has VPN built into the phone, the lower end phones like the 16XX you will need to build a 3rd party VPN.

The airport ?, you may want to look at using a mobile worker licence.
thanks... so in a wi-fi area I just buy a mobile worker license and it goes on the system. Does the license come with the software for my laptop to take my extension with me where I have Wi-fi? A standard USB headset to go with my laptop?

Thanks.

A 3rd party VPN- does my isp have to provide a static or will a dynamic IP address work for vpns.. I am really lacking in network stuff.
thanks... so in a wi-fi area I just buy a mobile worker license and it goes on the system. Does the license come with the software for my laptop to take my extension with me where I have Wi-fi? A standard USB headset to go with my laptop?

Thanks.

A 3rd party VPN- does my isp have to provide a static or will a dynamic IP address work for vpns.. I am really lacking in network stuff.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help