atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: High Mesa Communications legend voice mail - 10/05/11 04:03 PM
I have a customer that has a 007 MLM voice mail. we need to reallocate space and I don't know all the boxes they set up over the years. I tried to get into port 7 with hypercom but all I get is gibberish. The book says 1200 baud, 8 bit and 1 stop bit. Are there any other settings?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: legend voice mail - 10/05/11 08:35 PM
Should just be 1200-N-8-1, have you tried directly to the serial port?
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: legend voice mail - 10/06/11 07:07 AM
I was going to try the serial port but I have to dig out an OLD laptop for that. What is the N for? Also where do I find the serial number for the VM it says I need it to log on.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: legend voice mail - 10/06/11 10:06 AM
1200 baud
NO parity
8 bits
1 stop bit

The serial number is on the sticker on the 007
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: legend voice mail - 10/06/11 02:20 PM
Thanks TTT, I'm heading over there now.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: legend voice mail - 10/06/11 03:18 PM
well that didn't work comes up with "concurrent error" then a D1 like it is waiting for a command. I'm using another extension and dialing the 7th port.
Posted By: Z-man Re: legend voice mail - 10/06/11 06:19 PM
what is your extension number length? If you are having issues with logging in via Hyperterminal, you might be better off just doing it manually. As long as you have a starting point, like the lowest number, you can manually check what boxes are built.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: legend voice mail - 10/10/11 07:15 AM
Got it figured out. It's using DOS commands. After doing a dir I can see the files and printed off the mstatus prn file. This old stuff is taxing my memory.
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: legend voice mail - 10/11/11 11:37 PM
Not DOS my friend, but CP/M...Gary Kildall's invention and predecessor to DOS--first stolen by IBM (IBM-DOS) then by Bill Gates (MS-DOS). But I digress.

From either the C> or D> prompt, type MM and hit return.

And call me if you get stuck (go to dagwoodsystems.com for contact info). I'm old too, but I remember this stuff real well.

I recommend doing a DIR *.CMD if you want to experiment with a list of executables. Command files are Gate's version of *.com or the later, piggish *.exe files. You'll find that you can re-serialize the card, run test utils...all kinds of cool stuff.

CP/M is also known as "Concurrent DOS", which is why you have two file systems on a C: and D: partition.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: legend voice mail - 10/12/11 03:47 PM
I was wondering about the C and D. I did fool around with the executables. Didn't break anything. There is all kinds of info and the MM report gave me everything I need. still having trouble getting in remotely. It might be because they are using integrated access lines.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help