atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jack Salvadore ACS Hybrid Mode and Anounced Transfer - 11/05/11 12:14 AM
Can it be done? I like the hybrid PBX mode. Two line pool buttons by default for outbound calling which frees up button real estate on non-display 18s. But let's say the operator picks up a call on line 2, can they then do an announced transfer to an extension such as "Jane, call on line 2?" Or can they do an announced transfer at all?
Posted By: upstateny Re: ACS Hybrid Mode and Anounced Transfer - 11/05/11 02:07 AM
Yes - they announce it and hang up and the call is delivered.

The biggest problem comes when you need to tell someone the call is on line 4 ... but there is no line 4 button... so it needs to be transferred ... but if no one answers it goes to voice mail.
Posted By: ttech Re: ACS Hybrid Mode and Anounced Transfer - 11/05/11 04:26 AM
You could try park and Pickup.
Or, if the call is holding on line 4, the pool user dials Intercom 6804 to pick up the specific line.
OK, I can make that work. What advantage is there for having two pool buttons by default? When I set the system to hybrid mode it changed all my button settings by wiping out the line appearnce buttons and replacing the first two with pool buttons. Would one be enough? I need button space here.
Posted By: upstateny Re: ACS Hybrid Mode and Anounced Transfer - 11/05/11 10:27 AM
If you ever need to make a conference call, put a call on hold and take another one etc you would need 2 pool buttons.

If you have 6 button phones and need more buttons i have a bunch of used 18 button phones i would sell very reasonably.
I am installing a ACS system next week. The customer insisted on 18 button non-display phones because they were the cheapest. I always get the budget clients. At least I am replacing their 1984 Merlin 820. So my options are limited but the hybrid mode seems to be the answer.
If you really only want ONE pool button, move the lines into Pool 881 instead of 880, then remove pool 880 from the phones and add 881.

We did this for a school that used 6 button sets in the classrooms, mainly for Intercom access, and emergency calls only. This left 3 buttons for speed dial to the Operator, voicemail, and a 911 button (not really recommended, but keep the phones out of the reach of the children)
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help