atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ThePostMan CID name and number - 11/18/11 01:03 PM
Avaya Definity Prologix G3csi V6
Handset: 6408D+

I have several users stating that they no longer get incoming CID name. They are getting the number fine, it is just not displaying the name. They state that "back in the day" they used to get both but, not now. Not sure if they have different phones or if it is something in the trunk-group.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance...
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: CID name and number - 11/18/11 06:33 PM
Poo. Well this is both an easy and a hard problem. The CID name isn't a problem per se, but all the ducks have to be in a row. Unlike Magix, Definity has a REALLY good handle on all the ISDN tips and tricks. The fact that things worked "back in the day" is a testament to my claim.

If someone put a gun to my head (not that it ever came to that) I'd say that there was a carrier/service change along the way where all the details weren't hammered out.

There's absolutely no reason you shouldn't get CID on even the old-a$$ Definity switches.
Posted By: Wellco Re: CID name and number - 11/19/11 06:12 AM
If their trunking is PRI they should be able to get name/number service..Most carriers charge extra for name service though so they might want to check with them about that to make sure they are signed up for it..
Like Tim said...if the "carrier" is sending it they should see it !!! Can't remember is a 6408D a (2)line display?...

...bob...
Posted By: ttech Re: CID name and number - 11/20/11 03:35 PM
Is it "several users" or all users?
Posted By: ThePostMan Re: CID name and number - 11/21/11 12:50 PM
Thanks for the replies guys smile

Ttech,

It is all users.

dagwoodsystems,

I will get with the carrier and verify they are still sending name and number with CID.
Posted By: ThePostMan Re: CID name and number - 11/21/11 12:52 PM
Bob,

Yes, it is a 2 line display.

I am contacting the carrier now to verify they are sending the name with the CID info.

Thanks!
Posted By: ThePostMan Re: CID name and number - 11/30/11 12:01 PM
Ok, So....

I have verified with the carrier that they are currently sending the CID name and number but, only the number is displaying. Any more ideas?
Posted By: dexman Re: CID name and number - 11/30/11 01:13 PM
Do you have access to a protocol analyzer to verify that both the name & number are being sent by the carrier via the "D" channel :confused:
Posted By: dexman Re: CID name and number - 11/30/11 05:46 PM
I re-read the description of the problem. The OP doesn't state if the calls in question are arriving via ISDN/PRI or copper POTS lines.

Clarification is needed before we can go too much further.
Posted By: ThePostMan Re: CID name and number - 12/02/11 02:23 PM
Dexman...

Calls are coming in via ISDN/PRI

I do not have a protocol analyzer....
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help