atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: skraps Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 12:36 PM
New to forum
I inherited an ACS w/Partner Mail VS and a 4 port expansion.I have selector codes setup to reach depts. and or calling groups, but if the caller knows the ext. and tries to put it in it goes to the selector code. Example: ext.12 goes to selector code 1, ext.20 selector code 2, ext.30 selector code 3. It's only recognizing the 1st digit, am I missing a program?
Posted By: skip555 Re: Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 12:49 PM
use 1 ,2 , 3 for direct station transfer , start your groups etc at 4

"If you know your party's extension dial it now , for sales press 4 , shipping 5 ,......"
Posted By: skraps Re: Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 01:16 PM
the problem i have is the selector codes are used for transfers and announcements
Posted By: dexman Re: Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 01:32 PM
Example: ext.12 goes to selector code 1, ext.20 selector code 2, ext.30 selector code 3. It's only recognizing the 1st digit, am I missing a program?

Nope, that's how Selector Code Transfer works. The caller presses a single digit and the auto attendant transfers the call to an extension or group.

Direct Extension Transfer is when the caller enters the extension number directly.

As Skip suggested....set up 1->3 as Direct Extension Transfer and 4->? as Selector Code Transfer. That way, callers have the option of direct dialing extensions 10 through 39 or can reach various groups by pressing 4 through 9.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 01:41 PM
another thing you can do is assign a unused selector code for station transfer then add the number to the extension number for external callers

for example using 9 ...

12 becomes 912
22 becomes 922
32 becomes 932

that way you can keep one through 8 for other transfers

the big problem is in letting the customer know external dials 912 internal dials 12
Posted By: hbiss Re: Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 02:05 PM
another thing you can do is assign a unused selector code for station transfer then add the number to the extension number for external callers... for example using 9- 12 becomes 912

If I'm not mistaken pressing 9 will result in an "invalid entry" message.

You can only use a digit either of two ways:

Direct Extension Transfer A caller dials the extension number directly, IE- dialing 12 will go to extension 12, 24 will go to 24, etc.

Selector Code Transfer You assign a digit (1 through 9) to point to an extension, announcement, hunt or calling group. If you assign 1 to transfer the caller to extension 12 dialing 1 will get the caller extension 12. Obviously (or with this system at least) dialing anything with a 1 as the first digit will always go to extension 12 because with Selector Code Transfer anything after the first digit is ignored.

So the proper way to set it up is Direct Extension Transfer for digits 1,2,3 (assuming you have extensions 10 through 30 something) then you can use 4 through 9 for Selector Code Transfer.

-Hal
Posted By: skraps Re: Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 02:05 PM
so if i added " if you know your party's ext. press 9 and ext. no." to the greeting this should work? skraps
Posted By: skip555 Re: Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 02:17 PM
If I'm not mistaken pressing 9 will result in an "invalid entry" message.
cant you assign director extension transfer to selector code 9 ?

Ive used 8 for this before when the customer wanted sales , shipping etc etc to be 1 ,2 , 3....Never tried 9

so if I added " if you know your party's ext. press 9 and ext. no." to the greeting this should work?
you could but a lot of callers aren't going to listen but just enter 12 because bob told them his extension was 12 .if he tells them 912 , 812 ,712 etc then that's what they will enter
Posted By: skip555 Re: Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 02:21 PM
I just noticed we're talking about VS , i haven't done a lot of VS and I'm thinking maybe you may be limited in what you can assign to extension codes
Posted By: skraps Re: Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 02:23 PM
thanx skip, i'll program an unused code for direct ext transfer.skraps
Posted By: hbiss Re: Issues Partner Mail VS - 05/08/12 04:03 PM
cant you assign direct extension transfer to selector code 9 ?
No. Like I said that will result in "invalid entry" to the caller who dials 9.

thanx skip, i'll program an unused code for direct ext transfer.skraps
Re-read what I said above until you understand it! :read:

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help