atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rweggert27 No Caller ID on P ACS - 08/02/12 11:42 AM
My Partner ACS R5.0 with its Avaya 18D telephones received Caller ID Name and Number with no problems. Yesterday, we switched telephone providers and installed a new AT&T integrated T1. I've confirmed that AT&T is sending Caller ID because I plugged in an analog ID device directly into the lines and can see the signals properly arriving. Therefore, my ACS is blocking the Caller ID signals somehow. But, when I switch back to the old provider, it works fine. Is there some configuration in the programming that is blocking the new provider but not blocking the old provider?
Posted By: hbiss Re: No Caller ID on P ACS - 08/02/12 03:03 PM
No. The only prerequisite is any phone that is to display CID must ring on the line. Also, make sure that the AA (or somebody) isn't picking up before the second OUTSIDE ring since the CID is sent after the first ring.

Other than that put the blame on a non-standard CID signal from the T1 channel bank/gateway.

-Hal
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: No Caller ID on P ACS - 08/03/12 06:06 AM
aok aok Thats the problem
Posted By: mcemike Re: No Caller ID on P ACS - 08/03/12 01:13 PM
I think that if you are able to see caller Id on
your Analog device connected to your new phone service. Then there is no reason why the ACS should not be displaying it. For incoming calls, Caller ID information appears only when a call is audibly alerting at an
extension. This means that extensions with Do Not Disturb activated or extensions that have
lines with Line Ringing set to No Ring do not receive Caller ID information. However, Caller
ID information is displayed once the call is answered or if the line is preselected.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help