atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SwedaGuy MLX Extension Off-Site - 03/07/13 12:09 AM
Is that even possible? Hang an MLX extension off an old Legend system via some remote gateway device? I used to see MCK extenders for some proprietary phones, but a google search didn't yield any results related to MLX.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: MLX Extension Off-Site - 03/07/13 01:17 AM
Sure it is,......
The way I would do it is to have another Legend at location (B) then connect the two Legends via wwww-opx with a third party like Multi-Tech.

But,..... the best way would be to upgrade them to Avaya IP Office.
Posted By: SwedaGuy Re: MLX Extension Off-Site - 03/07/13 11:05 PM
So, basically not feasible...this is a system I'm donating to the local historical society. I have an extra legend he could install in his house, but I think that is overkill. Besides, they would have to pay for the IP extension hardware. Since they couldn't afford a new phone system to begin with, I doubt the board would approve an expenditure like that just so the president can work from home, too.

Sad thing is, his house is MAYBE 200 feet from the Museum, an IROB MLX would be feasible, except that it has to cross a county highway that the county won't let us run a line over.

It was just an idea, thanks for the input!
Posted By: mdaniel Re: MLX Extension Off-Site - 03/08/13 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by SwedaGuy
Sad thing is, his house is MAYBE 200 feet from the Museum, an IROB MLX would be feasible, except that it has to cross a county highway that the county won't let us run a line over.

If you have an analog ext card in the Legend, you could put him in a EnGenius cordless.

Just a thought.......
Posted By: EV607797 Re: MLX Extension Off-Site - 03/08/13 01:37 PM
What about sending an analog extension (or two) over using one of THESE?
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: MLX Extension Off-Site - 03/08/13 08:51 PM
Ed
I like that, I may gget 1 to try.
Ken
Posted By: SwedaGuy Re: MLX Extension Off-Site - 03/09/13 05:44 PM
That's brilliant, an Engenius...I've sold those before, I'm surprised I didn't think about it. Thanks for the hint!
Posted By: mdaniel Re: MLX Extension Off-Site - 03/09/13 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by SwedaGuy
That's brilliant, an Engenius...I've sold those before, I'm surprised I didn't think about it. Thanks for the hint!

Sometimes we have to think out side the bun................ smile
Glad it help.
Posted By: SwedaGuy Re: MLX Extension Off-Site - 03/09/13 07:10 PM
Ed, that device is very cool...I have a hunch it's more than the Historical Society will pay, but I'll certainly look into it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help