atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel ip office w cordless - 09/12/13 01:56 AM
hi guys im in a fix. got sent on a job installing a new ip office. 201 and 202 are nortel sets, and 203 and 204 are avaya cordless sets on nortel lines. one is working fine the other was saying it wasnt connected to the ksu. i moved it to another pair and now it doesnt tell me it isnt linked to the ksu but the buttons wont work. the company that sent me checked and assured me the buttons are progarmed. the sets have id set and are regestered. i do get both extensions at the jack that feeds the base. it is going to the tcm 4 port of the base with an 8 conductor patch cord. any ideas. thanks dave
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: ip office w cordless - 09/13/13 01:00 AM
Straighten everything out. You can not run Avaya phones on TCM8 cards.

So exactly what is the issue? What model phones are plugged in? What model phone is the wireless?
Posted By: davetel Re: ip office w cordless - 09/13/13 01:23 AM
ksu is ip office set up to work with nortel sets. the cordless sets say avaya but work on nortel ports. i did get it working. i took it back to the ksu and made a jig so i could quickly change the pairs it enter the base on and found out they will only work on firs and last port. i had the sets set for id 1 and 2. the one set for 2 had to be changed to 4 and then register it again and then they both worked. the company that sent me and the equitpment insists it normally works on port 1 and 2 so im not sure why it came out this way but the main thing is now its working. have a good evening. dave
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help