atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pfonman Partner Messaging Sub Menus - 09/23/13 04:41 PM
Dont have a manual. I need to record sub menus, need to know how do I access them in adm. mode. Also looking on Avaya website for a programming manual, but all I can find are user guides. Any help is very appreciated.
pfonman
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner Messaging Sub Menus - 09/23/13 06:09 PM
Once in the admin menu, 3 for auto attendants, 1-4 for the AA number, then 3 for submenus. Dial the submenu number, and if it doesn't already exist, you are prompted to create it. Then treat it like an auto attendant, setting its selector codes (except 0) and recording the greeting. Then back up to your auto attendant, and you can set a selector code to go to a submenu.

Installation/programming manuals should be on support.avaya, or check the usual internet sources of manuals.
Posted By: pfonman Re: Partner Messaging Sub Menus - 09/24/13 05:17 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out
Posted By: pfonman Re: Partner Messaging Sub Menus - 09/27/13 04:35 PM
BTW Is there any way to skip the sub-menus, & just say the ext nos. in the main greeting?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner Messaging Sub Menus - 09/27/13 06:31 PM
Of course - just record the AA prompt as "Thanks for calling XYZ company. For Fred, dial 10. For Barney, dial 11. For Betty, dial 12, and for Wilma, dial 13".

Set selector code 1 to Direct Extension Transfer, and it will know that when the caller presses 1 to wait for another digit and then transfer to the extension number

Posted By: skip555 Re: Partner Messaging Sub Menus - 09/28/13 01:08 AM
on small simple installations I've said,for Tommy press one for Skip press two for Sally press three ...don't even bother with the extension numbers

just as long as you have less than 9 employees and don't need the selector to do anything else that works pretty well
Posted By: pfonman Re: Partner Messaging Sub Menus - 09/30/13 12:04 AM
Thanks for your help, I finally got the SOB figured out. It was the nite menu we were having the problem with. When "Touch tone Tommy" said set selector code 1 to direct ext. Xfr, I checked the day menu, that was already direct ext xfr, so I checked the nite menu selector codes, & there it was # 1 was set for sub menu. Changed it to "DET" & all's well. I should say I did it by phone remotely after I found the * 7 to do it remotely.
Thanks again
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help