atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello, We are installing a Large PC card voice mail on an existing Partner ACS.
It has been a few years since I have installed one.
My problem is I did not realize this card comes with only ONE auto attendant.
Is there a work around to have a separate day and night greeting for the auto attendant??
Documentation indicates this card only has one AA and does not mention more than one greeting.
They would like AA to answer all calls during the day and at night. Selector choices only during the day right now. Can Calls go to a voice mailbox at night instead of AA??
Thank You!
Not without changing the programming in #206 and #208 (auto attendant vs. mailbox coverage). That's something that a user won't be able to do on a regular basis.

How about adding an ASA/DXD card, setting the DXD rings lower than the VMS Coverage rings, turn DXD on during the day for a basic auto attendant, turn it off at night, and turn DND on at the covering extension for night service.
How about adding Partner Messaging and do it the way you want. That will give you a lot of options.
If I go with Partner Messaging instead of the PC card will I be able to ring multiple phones in a group then have the call overflow to a mailbox or forward to a receptionist if not answered?
Will I be able to have separate day and night greetings and be able to change from one to the other by just pressing the "night ring" button on a telephone??
Can the selector codes have any extension assigned to them (ie. press 1 for Ext 12, press 2 for Ext 13)or would I have to use the higher selector digits like the PC card?
Also, I have a non working Partner Messaging system in stock. Are they repairable if they die?
Is the older two port license card useable in new Partner Messaging systems or would I need to buy another?
THANK YOU!!!
The Avaya Partner Messaging is a reliable voice mail system. Replacement hard drives are available online.

Yes to being able to custom assign Selector Codes.
And yes to most if not all questions
Hello again, Customer has decided to go with the LG V mail card. We would like to provide the night info using a selector code and mailbox. It looks like this card will not do phantom mailboxes???
I am setting this up and testing ahead of time at my shop. ACS R6.
I am having a hard time getting a AA transferred CO call to ring an extension then forward to a voice mailbox.
Intercom calls will forward but not CO calls.
After programming the below options now the phone will not ring on CO calls or forward to VM. Ext 17 MB 8.
I set up #310 Auto VMS cover and #321 to two rings.
I also programmed a DND button. It made no difference on CO calls
Am I missing a step to get CO calls to ring and then to forward to the extensions mailbox??
Second, is there a way to have "ring all" hunt groups?
I set up hunt group 1 and it rings one extension for 3 rings then moves to the next.
Third, the volume seems extremely high when playing any voice mail message or greeting. Any way to adjust?
VM is set to default 8 mailboxes.
THANKS!!!
Nope for the first and volume control questions. You can log in as the Admin to set the number of active mailboxes.

I am having a hard time getting a AA transferred CO call to ring an extension then forward to a voice mailbox.
Intercom calls will forward but not CO calls.

Do you have 206 programmed properly?

It looks like this card will not do phantom mailboxes

You certainly can have a call sent to an extension without a phone.

-Hal
I will check 206 tomorrow.
I do not remember if I programmed as assigned or VMS cover.
How should it be for this set up?
THANKS!!!
If you want the auto attendant to answer first, and then transfer to a single extension, and have that extension's voicemail cover if not answered: Assign the lines in #206, with #506 controlling the number of rings before the initial answer. #310 for the Auto VMS coverage, and #321 for the number of rings.

IF you want a single extension's mailbox to answer the incoming lines, with NO auto attendant, set #206 to UNassigned, and the line/extension in #208. Still set the Auto VMS coverage, and set the number of rings in #320
TTT, Thanks for advice!!
I defaulted my test system and did what you suggested and still have the same problem. Extension mailbox will not cover when CO call has been transferred by AA by dialing the extension number. I hear ring back on calling end, NO RING at extension that was dialed. Line light flashes once then goes solid. Then I get a VM greeting that says "your party is unavailable, to transfer to another extension press *8". Mailbox does answer if I Intercom the extension.
If I dial the *8 and select the extension again it works fine, Ext rings then forwards to the Ext. mailbox.
Also, if I put extensions under selector code and press selector code in AA it works fine.
Just will not work correctly if Ext number is dialed in AA.
Completed only the following ACS or station programming:
#206 GP7 L1 assigned
#506 Day L1, 0 rings
#310 Ext w/mailboxes assigned
#321 Ext + 3 rings
#505 GP7 Ext 78 & 79
#507 Always

Here is what I am trying to accomplish, very basic set up I would think.
AA answers all incoming CO calls in Day mode.
Would like customers to be able to dial extension numbers or use selector codes to be transferred to various extensions in system. If party does not answer I would like caller to be sent to each extensions individual mailbox.
Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!!
THANK YOU!!!
What is Selector Code 1 set to? Direct Extension Transfer or to a specific extension? Because if it is set to transfer to a specific extension, and the caller is dialing 2 digits beginning with a 1, the call will go to the destination set for the selector code, not to the extension number dialed.
I will have to check in the morning. I believe whatever the default is.
Can you give quick explanation how to set up the following:
I believe I have selector code one set to dial Hunt Group 1 (771) Code 2 to dial extension 14, and code 3 to dial extension 10.
I do not know how the different selector code programming choices control the call transfer process.
And yes, we will be dialing 2 digit extension numbers.
Currently 10-18.
I am heading out first thing in AM to install.
Your Help is MUCH appreciated!!!
You can either use selector code transfer or direct extension transfer for a digit, not both. If you have selector code 1 point to 771 you cannot expect to dial 10 and have the call transferred to extension 10. I would leave 1 as direct extension transfer since you have extensions 10-18. Then you can start with 2 for the selector code transfers.

-Hal
I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions which helped me Greatly getting this VM system installed!
The customer just called with a problem that I am not sure how to fix.
Apparently they are no longer receiving caller ID since we installed this Large PC card voice mail.
It is set up to immediately answer all incoming calls. Is there a way to program a delay so the caller ID info is received but still not have the telephones ring?
I plan to go back out to the site early next week.
Thanks!
You don't see the CID because it's sent between the first and second ring. If the auto attendant picks up on the first ring you are going to miss it. So change 506 to 2 rings. If the phones ringing bothers them make them all "no ring".

-Hal
I will give that a try.
Thanks a lot!!!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help