atcomsystems.ca/forum
So the church I go to has a Partner ACS system. It came with the small PC card voicemail and I bought an ebay large PC card and went through and set up 6 mailboxes and changed the transfer options on the auto attendant to go to each one of them. I don't know if they had a power outage or accidentally killed the power to their system, but yesterday the system was like this:
Auto attendant greeting still current message
Transfer options messed up and set back to the way I bought it
(ex option 2 transferred to ext 28, doesn't exist here)
All mailboxes intact.
Had to reset VM box 1 which is assigned to user 11 because the pw no longer worked.

Any reason why it would forget some of it's config? Is there a way to save config that I'm not doing?
All programming is being done on ext. 10

thanks in advance
Jeff
Jeff

I had a similar problem on a used PC card I installed recently, I defaulted it and re built everything and its worked fine since
Possible Hacker?
I agree with Skip. That should do it.....
how do I default it? Which I will do if this happens again. Doubt it's a hacker as it brought back from the dead a couple original configs from when I started setting them up (Line 28 assigned to VM box 2 is the one of the top of my head)

The sequence to default the voice mail really shouldn't be posted out in the open. Any of the Avaya mods/techs who know the code can contact you. smile

If the voice mail acts up again after the default, the next step would be to replace it.
10-4 dexman, didn't know it was a code like that. Was hoping it was a menu option somewhere. Dang it. Do these PC cards go bad? I figured they either worked or didn't. It was a used/ebay purchase. That would stink. Hopefully someone can give me the code as they said it stopped working again today. Didn't seem to hold too long and I haven't gone back to confirm it defaulted to it's old config again. Is there a save config somewhere I'm missing maybe?
The Partner Voice Messaging can go bad despite the lack of a hard drive. Come to think of it...defaulting the PVM is recommended before installation...even if the voicemail is new. eBay...well...buyer beware. doh

Mike Daniel is one of our go to guys for voicemails. Shoot him a PM.

TouchTone Tommy knows Avaya Partner, Merlin & IP Office platforms inside & out!

We have quite an amazing group of professionals as a part of this site! grin
well it turns out it didn't forget it's config at all, but active ringing on transfer was off and they weren't waiting long enough to hear the voice mail message. A quick turn on of ringing and they are good to go. If it comes up again, I'll PM someone on how to default the card.

thanks again!
Originally Posted by jeffro7172
well it turns out it didn't forget it's config at all, but active ringing on transfer was off and they weren't waiting long enough to hear the voice mail message. A quick turn on of ringing and they are good to go. If it comes up again, I'll PM someone on how to default the card.

thanks again!

Just a quick fyi ….. when ringing is turned off it is typically because they have music on hold installed.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help