atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ffej010 Partner or IPO mode? - 12/19/13 04:30 AM
I have a customer who currently has a Partner ACS and is looking for an upgrade. I am going to quote an IPO but am torn as to whether I should setup for Partner mode or IPO mode. They have 8 lines, 11 stations, and will need voicemail. Open to thoughts and suggestions on which way to go.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Partner or IPO mode? - 12/19/13 04:36 AM
Partner mode will work fine, but it would go to esscential.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Partner or IPO mode? - 12/19/13 06:23 AM
I mistyped....they have 3 lines, not 8. A 4th CO port will be used for a PagePac 6 Plus talkback paging system.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner or IPO mode? - 12/19/13 02:57 PM
I would only go Standard IPO mode, with essential license and embedded voicemail.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Partner or IPO mode? - 12/19/13 03:49 PM
Thanks for the input guys! I am leaning towards Standard mode as well.
Posted By: BrianS Re: Partner or IPO mode? - 12/24/13 06:37 PM
The partner mode is cheaper and is what they are use to and has easy to use features like night mode without setting up complicated call routes. Partner mode is designed to be "set it and forget it" For a small office it is ideal, easy to use, and easy to program later without any books thanks to an easy to scroll thru TUI. Unless the customer needs queing or some funky set up, the Partner will most likely handle it. Again, the license cost, programming cost, etc... push the essentials much higher price wise.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner or IPO mode? - 12/29/13 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
I would only go Standard IPO mode, with essential license and embedded voicemail.

Ditto ^^

I have my opinion about how Avaya could improve the standard (Partner) mode of IPO to emulate the ole Partner systems, but that's another story for another day.
As for now we stay away from "Partner/Basic" mode as much as possible.

Good Luck.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help