atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bditech Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 03:13 PM
Got an ext. getting Phantom voice mail any ideas what to look for or what could cause it. Deleted the box and reinstall and that didn't take care of it.
Thanks
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 03:24 PM
Can you describe the phantom voice mails that it is receiving?
Posted By: bditech Re: Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 03:32 PM
There is no messages just like hang ups but can have up to 100 in 2 days
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 04:21 PM
Has the service provider for the dial tone been changed recently? More importantly, are you receiving disconnect supervision on the CO lines?
Posted By: bditech Re: Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 05:06 PM
There is 24 voice mail ext. and this is the only one doing it. all others work just fine.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 05:29 PM
where do T/0 calls go ?

I've run into this before with lack of disconnect supervision
Posted By: bditech Re: Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 05:41 PM
They dump into the mail box with nothing there
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by bditech
There is 24 voice mail ext. and this is the only one doing it. all others work just fine.

Perhaps, but if a caller dials that extension and there is lack of supervision on the CO lines, this will happen. I agree that you would probably see this happening on more stations if it was due to lack of supervision, but it could be that this is the only extension receiving calls after hours.

You might also want to check to see if the user has activated notification in their mailbox and put their extension number in the telephone number field. This will cause the mailbox to call the extension repeatedly and then leave blank messages when the station isn't answered.
Posted By: dexman Re: Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 07:03 PM
What type of telephone service is being used? (POTS, T1E&M, T1 with Loop Start trunks, T1 with Ground Start trunks, ISDN)?

What is the selected dial 0/timeout action?
Posted By: bditech Re: Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 07:52 PM
I just went out and changed the ext. number it is going to her mail box now instead of the console but her phone rings on her did line. Could it be in the port?
Thanks
Posted By: bditech Re: Merlin Legend - 01/02/14 07:55 PM
EV That might be the problem. How do I change that on the ext.
Thanks
Posted By: bditech Re: Merlin Legend - 01/08/14 02:38 PM
Thanks for all the help been snowed in for a few days
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help