atcomsystems.ca/forum
Sure this has been covered, but I can't find it. How do you modify and analog port to grab an outside line when they go off hook?
Create a user short:
N
N
Dial
"line group"

-Todd
I must be missing something, but if I set up the short code, it just makes me dial that code to get an outside line. I want an outside line when going off hook, not intercom dial tone.
You would need to use that short code, as well as setting that line in its own line group.

IP Office doesnt actually grab dialtone from the trunk, when a user goes offhook. It gives dialtone from the IPO, and presents the dialed digits to the outgoing call flow, based on the short code parameters.

What is the customer trying to do?
Using a credit card machine, they don't want to go to internet access. The old partner just grabbed an available line.
The CC processing company can program a "9" in front of the number on the terminal.
Ah, ok. Just aske them if they are dialing the number with a 1...
then make a user short code for that station:
1XXXXXXXXXX;
Dial
1N
Line group of the ARS or trunk.

That will allow the station to dial any number 1+area+prefix+number
USER shortcode

N
Dial
N
ARS 50
SO the "N" is any number? I ended up reprogramming the cc machine, but the IPO takes so long to grab the outside line the CC machine thinks there is no dial tone and errors out. I added two pauses to the CC machine dial string and it's all good now.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help