atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Not_sirius Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/13/14 08:30 PM
Hello,

I do minor service work on an IPOffice with VMpro. The time has been off by 15-20 min. for a while on the phones. As they still have a contract with the big company who sold it, I told them to just call and ask them to fix it remotely. Oddly the Avaya partner said they didn't know how to?????

I took a look myself and found:

Time setting config source was set to none
Time server address is set to the IP of the PC that has the Voicemail pro on it
0 time offset.

I changed the source to voicemail pro manager and the phones are now correct and updated properly for DST. YAY!

However the voicemail timestamps are all off by exactly 6 hours and since the time has been off for such a long time no one knows if it just happened or not. The time is correct on the VMpro PC and I do not see where any offset would be for only the voicemail. Now I'm stumped. Can someone please enlighten me?
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/13/14 09:32 PM
You want VM Pro to time of IP Office
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/13/14 09:33 PM
Off not of. Sorry
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/14/14 04:48 AM
Actually, the VM pro computer gets it's time from "time.windows.com" or "time.nist.com", and the IPO gets it from the VM. So check the time on the VM computer, and any offset there.

For the IPO, without VM Pro, you can set it to SNTP, put in the IP address of the nist server (or the url if you have DNS set up), set the offset, and have an IP route to the gateway.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/14/14 09:32 AM
Tommy is correct. But if you use the UC module it should be timed off the IPOffice.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/14/14 08:08 PM
I get that PC's normally get their time adjusted from time.windows.com. The time on the VMpro PC I log into is correct. If the IPO gets its time from the VM then why is it correct on IPO phones but only the VM timestamps are off?

I know I'm missing something here.

Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/14/14 08:19 PM
The time on the phones, comes from the IP Office. The VM time comes from where you tell the VM to get its time.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/14/14 08:55 PM
Can you direct me to where I can check that? The time is correct on the PC that I log into VM CLient and the IPO manager.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/18/14 07:25 PM
So what's Irish and stays out every night?

Paddy O'Furniture.

Can Anyone help me find this setting on VM please?
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/20/14 07:42 PM
My but it got quiet here.

Did I offend or is everyone out of bullets like me on this problem?
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/21/14 11:09 PM
Sorry "Not_sirius" for the delay but, most of us around here are working double time make payroll, pay insurance and taxes. smile

What release are you working with?
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/22/14 07:42 PM
Thank you for the reply mdaniel.

I apologize for getting antsy. I do a lot of work for CPA's and I understand being busy, ESPECIALLY now. Good to have work though isn't it? This problem has been bugging me for over a month. I felt I was right on the verge of the answer but after a few days I got discouraged.

They have:
IPOFFICE 10.0 (53)
VOICEMAIL PRO 8.0 (3006)
Here are screenshots that may be useful.
I tried to post as just photos but they exceeded the 2 bytes size limit. Seemed odd so I just threw them onto a webpage.

New weirdness is that I see in the time resource status it shows off -7:00 but the timestamps are actually off by 6 hrs????
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/22/14 07:58 PM
No problem,
I ran this by one of our guys today and he said that he ran into a similar situation a few months back and power cycling (only) the VM server fixed the problem.

Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/22/14 10:38 PM
GREAT! I'll give that a whack. I had read somewhere else about doing that but was hesitant. It also said something about the IPO defaulting it's timeserver if the VMPRO wasn't available. If that happens though I already know where to reset that.

Thanks a million!
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/22/14 11:27 PM
That did the trick! The only oddity is that the VMPRO status screen still shows a 7 hr offset. But since I'm the only one who will see it I won't stress over it. If the customer is happy, I'm happy.

Thanks again Mdaniel
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/22/14 11:36 PM
Glad it solved your problem. smile
Posted By: Wellco Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/23/14 10:06 AM
I guess all system's don't suck if you get the "right" people to help you with what to do...Good job Mike ! and glad you have a "Happy, happy, happy" customer not_sirius.....The world is good again......

...bob...
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Timing is EVERYTHING - 03/23/14 10:33 PM
Thanks Bob!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help