atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: lakestelecom Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/18/14 07:40 PM
My customer has reported that they are receiving voicemail messages up to 5 days after they were recorded. This was a two port voicemail setup as an auto attendant. I added a two port expansion. System is an ACS308 Ver 3.0 Has anyone run into this and have a solution?
Posted By: dexman Re: Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/18/14 08:23 PM
I can't remember the specifics, but I think the issue had something to do with which ports are assigned to the auto attendant group (hunt group #7).
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/18/14 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by dexman
I can't remember the specifics, but I think the issue had something to do with which ports are assigned to the auto attendant group (hunt group #7).

Not AA group, but hunt group (7) which is the VM hunt group. smile
I would start by making absolutely sure that the proper ports are assigned in HG 7 only!

If all else fails, default the ACS and VM and start from scratch.
Posted By: dexman Re: Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/18/14 09:31 PM
Ack!!! How did that one slip past my self checker??? blush
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/18/14 09:43 PM
Ack!!! How did that one slip past my self checker??? blush

Your like the rest of us Paul, Your getting OLD! LOL smile
Posted By: dexman Re: Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/19/14 01:33 AM
"Mature" has a better "ring" to it. grin
Posted By: hbiss Re: Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/19/14 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by mdaniel

Not AA group, but hunt group (7) which is the VM hunt group. smile
I would start by making absolutely sure that the proper ports are assigned in HG 7 only!

I've not heard of that causing the OPs problem but it's certainly good advice anyway. Before defaulting the system and rebuilding from scratch I would try doing a reset.

-Hal
Posted By: dexman Re: Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/19/14 10:45 PM
It was a while ago so I'm a bit fuzzy on the specifics. But the idea was floated that the problem had something to do with the port that the voice mail uses to signal the processor to turn on the MWL.

Anywhoo, let's see if a system reset clears the problem.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/20/14 03:01 AM
Yes, the first assigned VM port is used to send information from the processor to the messaging such as MW light on and off, night service on/off, time, etc. But the OP is not clear about the problem he is having. I understood him to say that when you log into a mailbox it will say "old messages" even though new ones have been left and they show up some time later.

If the MW light fails to indicate new messages until some time later but the messages are there then I would check the VM port assignments. But if it's the former, then there is some other problem and that's often cured by a reset.

-Hal
Posted By: dexman Re: Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/20/14 04:41 AM
True...The OP is a bit unclear.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Delayed messages on Partner Mail VS - 04/20/14 11:10 AM
Make sure the correct ports are in HG 7, test them...then when in doubt "Blow them out" Heck just have the users get the vms they need and rest the whole thing and you will probably be fine..Do you even know if the 2-port exp was any good?
They got you taking way to much time and energy on this on,,,IMHO

...bob...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help