atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Thornhil Avaya certified - 05/07/14 12:10 PM
Just wondering. If a person was certified back around 2009 does he or she have to recertify again for another $1700.00

Posted By: mdaniel Re: Avaya certified - 05/07/14 12:21 PM
Every 2 years, but you can test out at you nearest Vue testing center for a couple hundred bucks.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya certified - 05/07/14 12:47 PM
Also, some of the testing can be do on line if your creds are expiring
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya certified - 05/07/14 01:20 PM
So every two or three years they hit you for another $1700.
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya certified - 05/07/14 01:23 PM
Where is there a Vue testing center in the NY area or is that also on line.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Avaya certified - 05/17/14 01:58 AM
APSS can be taken online, but the ACIS still needs to be taken at a certified Vue testing center.
Most local community colleges are Vue certified.

Also, in order to remain an Avaya BP you need a minimum of (2) APSS's and (2) ACIS's on staff.
Both certifications expire every (2) years and must be renewed to remain an Avaya BP.

Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya certified - 05/17/14 12:07 PM
So what would the total cost be ??
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Avaya certified - 05/17/14 11:41 PM
To test out at a Vue test center (skip the training) is around $150 for the ACIS.
If you haven't been certified since 2009 I'm sure your certification has probably expired. At that point I'm not sure if you must take the training again or not. Maybe Matt (Mongo5150) will see this and chime, he would definitely know.

To attend a live training course for the ACIS it's $1700 plus $175.00 to take the test on the fifth day of training.
But, Jenne sometimes has a buy 1 training seat get 1 free special except for the $175.00 to take the test.

The APSS is free and online.

Hope that answers your question.....

Edit to correct my inability to spell. smile
Posted By: dexman Re: Avaya certified - 05/17/14 11:48 PM
Training classes are not inexpensive for sure. shocked
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Avaya certified - 05/17/14 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by dexman
Training classes are not inexpensive for sure. shocked

That's why we make the "Big Bucks". smile
Posted By: hbiss Re: Avaya certified - 05/18/14 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by mdaniel
... in order to remain an Avaya BP you need a minimum of (2) APSS's and (2) ACIS's on staff.
Both certifications expire every (2) years and must be renewed to remain an Avaya BP.

So in order to sell a three line by 10 extension system to a mom and pop, at a minimum, I would need at least three other (highly paid) people working for me. Welcome to planet Avaya.

-Hal
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Avaya certified - 05/18/14 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by hbiss
Originally Posted by mdaniel
... in order to remain an Avaya BP you need a minimum of (2) APSS's and (2) ACIS's on staff.

So in order to sell a three line by 10 extension system to a mom and pop, at a minimum, I would need at least three other (highly paid) people working for me. Welcome to planet Avaya.

-Hal

Not necessary, you could do it with yourself and another, technically APSS' and ACIS's can pull double duty.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya certified - 05/19/14 04:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only need 1 ACIS not 2
Posted By: KENB Re: Avaya certified - 05/19/14 01:43 PM
Tony
Its ,time to find anther product.
You know they have been trying to get rid of the little guys.
In some board room they feel only the large sellers should
sell the product, If the sequence continues they should start opening company owned stores ,that will last 5-7 years
When they fall on their face they will be back.
Its a vicious cycle .
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya certified - 05/19/14 02:56 PM
Ken have to look at NEC What do you think ??? Any other product that you find worth looking at. Your right Avaya is getting to be a pain in the a%6.Shame been doing it for about 16 yrs
Posted By: KENB Re: Avaya certified - 05/19/14 03:21 PM
i will call you.
the rub with NEC is they are discontinuing the DSX and pushing
the 1100 the DSX was meat and potatoes for a bunch of us
on here.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Avaya certified - 05/19/14 07:04 PM
Hal, once again your crusty-ness shows. You know full well what it takes to be a business partner.
To be a business partner, at a minimum, you need 2 people certified in APSS which is for sales. You can sell the system, but, since not certified for installation, you would not be able to open tickets for support.

If you want to install, you need 1 ACIS. That test is online for around $100. You could take the boot camp class, and probably be able to pass, or if you have a few installs under your belt, should be able to as well.

If you want to further your knowledge as well as sell co-delivery maintenance, you would need an ACIS certification. That test is $125 at a Pearson Vuelta testing center. Someone working on, iPO for 2 ish years should be able to pass...

NONE of the classes are mandatory and can be taken at any time.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya certified - 05/19/14 07:24 PM
Mongo, good info.....
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya certified - 05/19/14 07:29 PM
Let me get this straight, you need 2 people with APSS just to sell there product but that doesn't cover installing which you need a ACIS but one person can have both certs to sale and install.I saw somewhere that when a customer buys a system you need to pay for support time up front even if you don't use it.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Avaya certified - 05/19/14 11:04 PM
Correct. You could have an APSS, I could have the APSS as well as the ACIS. YOU could hold the ACSS as well (maintenance credential).

No, you do not need to pay for support up front. IPOSS allows you to purchase Software support, with or without Advanced Parts Replacement. That can be delivered Wholesale or co-delivery. This is where the ACSS comes into play. If you have ACSS, you can sell codelivery support, which is cheaper, that you can add to your margin, or pass the savings along to customer.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Avaya certified - 05/20/14 02:20 AM
Thanks for the info and clearing this up Matt.

Did the (2) APSS and (2) ACIS to remain a BP change in the last year or so?, because we were always told that we needed (2) APSS and (2) ACIS to remain a BP or else Judy was smoking some bad crack that day and misunderstood/misread the requirements. smile

I plan on getting my ACSS and IPOCC in the near future, but at the current time I'm also trying to test out on my Masonic 3rd Degree proficiency and my little brain is pretty much in "Overload" mode. smile

Again thanks for your support and clearing things up Matt.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya certified - 05/20/14 02:29 AM
Thanks Matt, for the life of me I couldn't figure out why anyone in there right mind would pay for support if they didn't need it.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Avaya certified - 05/20/14 12:14 PM
There was an old process, that thankfully was shot in the head out back, called block of hours. It was a prepay for support.

Luckily, the powers that be, realized how ludicrous it was, and now its gone.
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya certified - 05/20/14 01:23 PM
Just received a notice from Dist that APSS expire6/30/2014 and APDS expire 12/31/14 is that correct ??
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya certified - 05/20/14 04:52 PM
Mike, to my knowledge, it was always 2 and 1 .
Good luck brother you will do fine.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Avaya certified - 05/21/14 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Thornhil
Just received a notice from Dist that APSS expire6/30/2014 and APDS expire 12/31/14 is that correct ??

APDS must have been for something else UCM or CC. There is no APSS for sme. But yes, the APSS is expiring at end of June. Just take test online, it's free.
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya certified - 05/21/14 03:56 PM
Thanks Mongo,hate to be a pain, on the APSS there are (4) tests which one is the one, 2D00056A, 2V00290A 2S00010A, 2U00210A
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya certified - 05/21/14 04:00 PM
Mongo never mind got it Thanks
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help