atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: High Mesa Communications IP Office - basic vm ? - 05/13/14 08:26 PM
With a ip office in basic mode, AA answers all calls, I want to have the extension that certain calls are routed to only give an announcement, no message taking. I don't see where this is an option? Can it be done?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: IP Office - basic vm ? - 05/13/14 08:56 PM
If the voicemail is in IP Office mode, record the greeting as a continuous loop (option 4 when when listening/changing/saving your greeting)

Intuity mode, that is not an option.

Perhaps use an auto attendant instead, with no selector codes defined? You can get calls there with a shortcode that fits within your dial plan, so it looks like a regular extension.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: IP Office - basic vm ? - 05/14/14 02:39 PM
The continuous loop sounds like the best option. Thanks
Posted By: tampasteve Re: IP Office - basic vm ? - 07/24/14 03:11 PM
I am trying to do the same thing. I am programming a national install job and they require the IPO VM to be in Intuity Mode. I have the AA-1 set up to go to AA-2 (directions to office) when "3" is pressed. However, I get a time profile error when I go to apply the settings. AA-1 and AA-2 overlap as AA-2 plays 24/7 and AA-1 has day and night greetings. Will this be an issue?

I would rather set it up to go to a voice mail box that loops, but apparently that is not possible on the Intuity Mode?

Thanks for any help!
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: IP Office - basic vm ? - 07/24/14 09:36 PM
Is there really a purpose to Day and Night greetings? Can you just use the Menu Options recording 24/7?
Posted By: tampasteve Re: IP Office - basic vm ? - 07/24/14 09:56 PM
I could probably get by with just the one day greeting....the issue is the "directions" mailbox that is requested. Essentially I need an announcement only mailbox to route callers to when they press "3" from the auto attendant. I see how to do this in IPO Mode voicemail, as referenced above, but not in Intuity Mode.

So, currently I have two auto attendants set up, the main AA and then the second AA which is being used to route callers to when they press 3. But I am getting the error when I go to apply it as the two AA time profiles overlap. The issue seems to be that I have two AA with the same time profiles, AA1 and AA2 as they both need to operate at the same time and function together. I can change the day and night greetings (or delete the night greeting) and I get the same error.

I would rather route them to a phantom mailbox where the directions could be recorded to as the greeting, but I cannot see where to turn off the ability to leave messages.

Perhaps I am missing something or am going about the programming the wrong way? This is Basic Edition and cannot be upgraded to Essential either...

I am not programming the system live, just doing pre-progaming, if that makes a difference. But this is supposed to go in on Monday.

Thanks again!
Posted By: tampasteve Re: IP Office - basic vm ? - 07/29/14 01:33 PM
So, I did the install. Funny enough, the customer did not even want the separate night greeting or the directions box. Never the less, I did end up getting it to work by doing the following:

1: Set up AA1 to run in day profile 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
2: Record Out Of Hours Greeting as the "night" greeting. This greeting will play whenever there is no other time profile slotted.
3: Record AA2 (directions AA) and set for 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help