atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Diddy Levine IP500 dig cards blowing - 06/08/14 10:41 PM
HI
I have a big problem with an IP Office 500.
On two occasions I have turned up onsite for the fault of both 8DS cards suffering complete failure. This was following power outages. All other cards including the PRI cardsd sitting on top of an 8DS unit are OK. On my second visit I installed a new UPS but it has now happened again! Both 8DS cards blown again!
I am thinking something may be wrong with the Avaya chassis or the power unit?
Or maybe it is just the building's unstable electric supply to blame?
Customer trying to say it MUST be the system so we have to pay for all the visits and faulty kit.
I am about to change the whole unit and see what will happen next.
After that I have to hope the cards blow up again!
Any ideas? Is there any known history of the 8 dig cards being problematic or whether the chassis or Avaya PSU could be causing the problem?
Thanks
Mike Zatomic
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: IP500 dig cards blowing - 06/08/14 11:53 PM
to me if its protected with a good ups i would probably looking a hardware issue
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: IP500 dig cards blowing - 06/09/14 01:43 AM
Change the unit and cards. Just the bad cards.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: IP500 dig cards blowing - 06/09/14 01:47 AM
Are there any analog pots daughter cards on the DS cards in question?
Posted By: Diddy Levine Re: IP500 dig cards blowing - 06/09/14 08:13 AM
Hi Nebraska( great movie) thanks for answering... yes the pot ports work ok as well as the PRI daughter board.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: IP500 dig cards blowing - 06/09/14 11:20 PM
I would put some protection on the incoming POTS lines. Possible that something is coming thru them and zapping your base cards.
Posted By: clanier Re: IP500 dig cards blowing - 06/10/14 06:38 PM
First off I am NOT an Avaya guy, but are any of the digital stations off premise? Sounds to me like the surge is coming into the dig ports. I have seen this on an IPO that had several buildings connected with cable with no bonding. Kept blowing the station ports until they finally protected them.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help