atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: reidtel DID Problem on Magix - 07/09/14 08:14 PM
I've got a customer who had their carrier set up a DID hunt group for 8 lines. The Magix is programmed so that the associated extensions cover for the first extension (29) in the hunt group. The extensions are 29-36 and when calls come in to 1029 all of the cover extensions ring immediately. The problem we're having is that if 3 extensions are on calls, the 4th call to 1029 does not ring any of the idle phones. On the callers end, all they hear is one quick burst of ring and then nothing. One of the tests I did was to make 3 calls and have 3 extensions answer and hold. I then dialed one of the idle extensions on it's direct dial number. It rang as it should and did not get the quick burst. To me it sounds like the problem is on the carrier side but I need to be sure to avoid the buck passing. I checked the system DID configuration and error messages which are ok. Any ideas on troubleshooting this problem to better determine where the problem resides. Thanks for any assistance you can give.
Posted By: Z-man Re: DID Problem on Magix - 07/09/14 11:06 PM
a couple tips... try not to use two digit extension numbers. When using DID numbers, try to match the last 4 if you can.. however, that is just a preference.

So standard CAS T-1 with two-way DID trunks, and you have 8 of them? so it is a partial T-1??

And extension 29 is your main console with the other phones utilizing primary cover buttons on them??
Posted By: reidtel Re: DID Problem on Magix - 07/10/14 11:04 AM
I need to find out the T-1 specifics. It breaks out from an Adtran router.

Extension 29 is a phantom extension that was setup by a previous company. Yes the other phones have primary cover buttons for 29.
Posted By: cvrbob Re: DID Problem on Magix - 07/10/14 02:21 PM
add more SA button to station 29
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help