atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ChrisRR Failing MLS phones - 07/13/14 02:51 PM
In two weeks time I've had 2 MLS-12 phones bite the dust on me. Same mode of failure- constant uninterrupted ringing and loss of functionality. I can still pick up the phone and get DT but none of the buttons work. If it had been one, I would have chalked it up to just being the end of its life, but two has me a little concerned. These are on my ACS R6, and the two failures were on different ports of different modules, one was plugged into the processor x15 the other was in a 308EC on x22. Any thoughts, or have these phones just met their end? I'm curious if anyone else has seen this phenomenon.
Posted By: KENB Re: Failing MLS phones - 07/13/14 03:38 PM
the mls phones are known for this due to the flex circuit
Those are ancient and I had them doing weird stuff 15 years ago.
You would be better served going to euro moedels rel 1 or 2
Posted By: dexman Re: Failing MLS phones - 07/13/14 03:58 PM
I agree. Replace the MLS phones with Euros. thumbsup
Posted By: skip555 Re: Failing MLS phones - 07/13/14 04:06 PM
You can replace the flex circuit if they are still available. But you can probably get the euro phones for the same money
Posted By: hbiss Re: Failing MLS phones - 07/13/14 06:02 PM
I think it's just coincidence. While I have many out there that still work fine I would replace them with the newer Euro I or II when they die.

-Hal
Posted By: ChrisRR Re: Failing MLS phones - 07/13/14 08:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I have a few spares so replacing them wasn't a big issue. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something deeper like a processor issue or worse. I was thinking of picking up some euro models once the MLS spares were gone or I expand the system more.
Posted By: dexman Re: Failing MLS phones - 07/13/14 10:11 PM
I remember that an early batch of Euro II sets developed problems with the LCDs and switch hooks. Those should be long gone by now...but keep that on the back burner.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Failing MLS phones - 07/13/14 10:53 PM
If you unplug the phone then plug it back in the problem will usually go away for a few hours or a day before it re appears . I had a couple of return service calls before I figured that out.
Posted By: ChrisRR Re: Failing MLS phones - 07/13/14 11:26 PM
Yep, that's exactly what they do.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help