atcomsystems.ca/forum
A customer has an Avaya ACS R3.0 and they're asking me if there is a maximum number of extensions that can be off-hook on the same conference call? I'd say 'no'. (Obviously, there is a practical limit, due to background noise.)
Originally Posted by Jerry the Phone Guy
A customer has an Avaya ACS R3.0 and they're asking me if there is a maximum number of extensions that can be off-hook on the same conference call? I'd say 'no'. (Obviously, there is a practical limit, due to background noise.)

ACS could do a conference call with 5 parties maximum. The primary call plus two inside plus two outside.
Thanks, UpstateNY. Is there any way 'round this?
Yes, upgrade to IP Office, or use a outside conferenceing service.
Can you recommend a conferencing service?
You could set up a small Trixbox (Asterisk PBX VoIP) box with a few free incoming-only phone lines and channels from Callcentric and set up a conference that way... Your users can dial in and enter a password and be connected directly. Easy to set up and little to no maintenance, plus you can use pretty much any old PC to install it on as it doesn't use a lot of computing power. The only real potential for issues is whatever your upload bandwidth is.

Scott
Originally Posted by Jerry the Phone Guy
Can you recommend a conferencing service?

Check with the carrier. They often offer a conference service. If not google it and you will find things like Freeconference, Anymeeting etc that will work.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help