atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telephoneguy Silly Question - 06/28/15 01:22 AM
POTS line in a house. I need to add *99 before outdialing from their fax. I have an old Lucent Partner 509 module that's not doing anything.

If I put the 509 module between the fax and the landline, can it be programmed to insert *99 on the outgoing dial string?

Fax --> extension 10 <---> Line 01 <---- Landline
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Silly Question - 06/28/15 01:30 AM
Why *99 to dial a fax from a pots line.
And yes you should be able to do it.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Silly Question - 06/28/15 04:32 AM
No, the Partner doesn't have anything in the way of ARS, so there's no way to insert digits on outbound. So, just add the *99 in front of every speed dial and leave a post it note on the machine for manual dialing.

So what does the *99 get you?
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Silly Question - 06/28/15 08:44 PM
They changed their POTS provider to Ooma, a VoIP/SIP provider. So voice works great and is cheap, but they need the *99 to get "Fax mode."

Yeah, the post-it method would work, but it's often easier to program machine than to program users...

It's a relative.

Maybe I should find one of those old Mitel re-dialers that used to be on everybody's long distance lines...
Posted By: skip555 Re: Silly Question - 06/28/15 10:57 PM
I have some viking hotline dialers around let me see what I can find and I'll shoot you a pm with a price or their cheap enough new

viking hl dialer
Posted By: dexman Re: Silly Question - 06/28/15 11:33 PM
When I started out in the Telecom field, I installed Teltronics Netmanager equal access dialers. They were used to inject a 7 digit PIC override code for Intra-lata calls.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help